CHAPTER 5: Part 3 - Creator, You Traitor

The Voice Of Joey Drew

Listen, Tommy, I know you boys over at Gent are doing your best...but I'm paying for living attractions, not weird abominations!

Whatever that screaming thing was I saw destroying your office, you better keep it locked up tight!

I realize it was a first attempt at Barley, but imagine if the press caught sight of it! Might scare off investors!

And in response to your previous memo:

If you claim that your failures are because these things are soulless...then, damn it, we'll get them a soul!

After all, I own thousands of them!

--------------

"BETRAYED! ABANDONED!"

Wielding an axe, Sammy violently burst through the boards blocking the entrance. "I TRUSTED YOU! I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING! AND ALL I RECEIVED WAS NOTHING! NOTHING!!"

Henry slowly backed away from the raving prophet. "Y-You...you're supposed to be...?"

"HE SAID HE'D SAVE ME. HE SAID HE'D SET ME FREE. AND WHAT DID HE DO? LEAVE ME TO ROT!" He whipped around to stare at Henry, yellow eyes glinting with rage.

"I offered you to him, little sheep. Why did he not accept my humble sacrifice?" His voice had lowered to a somewhat calmer tone as he questioned him, turning away and pacing around. "Have I done something wrong...?"

He slumped down, then immediately perked back up with a snap of his fingers. "...Of course! I must have done the ritual incorrectly...!"

Laughing, the prophet turned back around with a slasher smile adorning his face.

"THE TIME OF SACRIFICE IS UPON US, CREATOR! NOW, COME PUT YOUR FACE IN MY AXE!"

Upon him saying that, Henry jumped back as Sammy lunched towards him, weapon swinging.

-

-

-

It quickly turned into a wild goose chase around the makeshift city as he frantically avoided the attacks of the raving prophet that followed close behind.

"W-WAIT!" Henry turned around to look as he made an attempt to reason with him.

"I-I TRULY DON'T UNDERSTAND! I REALLY DON'T WANT TO FIGHT YOU-"

He was cut off as he flinched at Sammy swinging straight for the middle of his head, and he made an attempt to dodge to the side.

The axe soon nicked the side of his face, and Henry felt his cheek sting as a warm fluid trickled down his chin.

Blood.

...

It'd been a while since he'd seen his own blood, hasn't it?

..No, no, he couldn't get distracted now. Reaching for the looking glass, he held it in his hands like a dagger as the prophet readied to attack him once more.

"Ahhhh...so now it's a fight, isn't it?" Sammy commented, his cheshire cat grin widening as he gripped harder on his axe.

"...I...I really don't...want to do this, you know." He breathed, still gripping onto that shard of glass.

But it looks like it's come to this, hasn't it?

...

"LIES! OHH, IT'S NOTHING BUT LIES THAT COME OUT OF YOUR MOUTH, CREATOR!" The prophet began to laugh again as he prepared to attack Henry once more.