CHAPTER 3: Part 5 - Running Errands

The Voice Of Wally Franks

I don't get it!

Everyone's walking around here like grandma just died. Nothing but angry faces everywhere.

These people gotta lighten up.

I mean, hello! You make cartoons! Your job is to make people laugh!

I'm tellin' ya, If these people don't start crackin' a smile every now and then, I'm outta here!

-------------------------------------

The duo soon went back from the angel's domain, and the intercoms came to life once more.

"I'll make this first one easy for you, creator. You know those little boxes everywhere? There are tiny, tiny gears, working away inside. Use the wrench I've provided for you, go to level K, and get me three of them."

The cylinder shaped box soon flipped itself open, revealing a wrench dripping with ink. "....Did you get this from that..imp?" Henry asked

"It's all about repurposing, creator! Can't let a good tool like that go to waste!" The angel replied. "Do be careful not to get your fingers caught in the moving gears. Or don't. I don't care if you lose a finger or two."

Henry switched out the pipe he held with the stained wrench, and the box shut back closed.

The two went back to the elevator, and Henry pressed the "K" button, stepping back as the lift's doors closed.

-

-

-

NEW OBJECTIVE: GET THREE SPECIAL GEARS

-------------------------------

The angel chatted with them as the lift descended. "Susie's very happy to see you, you know. She hasn't seen a human since....how long? Susie, how long has it been?.....Oh..that is a long time. Well, me however.....not so enthusiastic. It's going to take a lot more from you for me to even think slightly positive of you."

The elevator soon came to a stop, and the speaker went silent as Henry stepped into level K.

Alright, just have to find those boxes and get gears. Just three of them. Shouldn't be too hard.

Henry went into the toy storage and looked for a nearby box, soon coming to an empty one.

Huh. That's......weird. Where did it go?

His ears soon picked up the sound of something being hit with metal, and he turned around for the source.

Somewhere on the other side on the room, a blob of an ink monster was being repeatedly beaten with a wrench. On the other end of the tool was.....what Henry could only guess was the shadow of the woman on the "Devil Gang" poster. She was notably short, but still taller than some of the other cartoon characters. But....she was still deformed. Half of her face seemed to have turned into a melting wax candle, twisting and dripping downwards. What looked to be a metal ring was jammed into her skull, mimicking a lopsided halo that flopped around lamely with every movement she made. Her flapper dress had become tattered with wear and tear from many years, the fringes torn and unkempt.

It took a minute for her to finally notice Henry behind her, and she snapped around and hissed at him, making him lurch back.

"WOAH- Uh.....ma'am, I really, don't....want any trouble-" He stammered out, attempting to reason with the ink creature before him.

She was silent, refusing to respond to him, only growling.

"W-What?? D- Do you not...speak english??"