CHAPTER 3: Part 6 - Into The Deep, Dark Depths Below

The Voice Of Norman Polk

Now, I'm not lookin' for trouble. It's just the nature of us projectionists to seek out the dark places.

You see, I've learned the ins and outs of this here studio. I know how to avoid being bothered by the likes of this... company.

"That projectionist", they always say, "creeping around, he's just lookin' for trouble."

Well trouble or not, I see everything. They don't even know when I'm watchin'.

Even when I'm right behind 'em.

---------------------------

Henry slipped the syringe into the mailbox, hearing a familiar clunk as it fell to the bottom.

"Well, aren't you productive? Maybe you've got more use than I thought." The angel praised him. "But alas, your work still isn't done."

Henry sighed with mild frustration. Anything else, sire? Should I do your laundry? Vacuum the carpet? Pick up eggs and milk at the store? He thought with mocking sarcasm.

I know I agreed to this to get out of here, but does it have to be so tedious?

"Now, for your next task...."

-

-

-

--------------------------------

Henry rubbed his forehead as he walked back to the steel doors once more, catching his breath.

God dammit! It's like that angel wants to kill me! The cores were fine enough but....

He switched his mental voice to something mocking Edgar. 'Ohh, break those cutouts! Break those cutouts! Ooooooops, I forgoooot, he doesn't like it when I do thaaaaaaaat.' And I had to get chased by that goddamn oversized rat.

He crammed the axe into the mailbox's slot, and grumbled to himself as the speakers fizzled alive once more.

The spider seemed more.....frantic than usual as he shouted at Henry. "UGH! Those freaks have wandered my halls, have gone UNCHECKED! Don't let them take your angel!"

"What the hell are you talking about? Wha-"

"PURGE THEM! SMASH THEM INTO PUDDLES! KILL THEM!"

The steel cylinder flipped open with Henry's pipe as he heard several of the 'Devil Gang' creatures swarm into the area. REALLY!? You're giving me this crappy weapon to fight off all THOSE guys? Now I want that axe back....

Sighing, he grabbed the weapon and turned around, bracing himself for the battle.

-

-

-

-------------------------------------

Smacking a last Imp with the pipe and watching it dissolve into the floor, Henry wiped the copious amount of ink from his face as the angel returned through the intercom.

"Ahh....isn't that better?" The angel sighed. "So peaceful.......Susie says it's like a welcoming grave. Don't you agree?"

He bit his lip in unease at the comparison the unknown 'Susie' made. "...I....I guess."

"Oh, I do hate leaving work unfinished!" Edgar exclaimed. "But...I have you to pick up the pieces. For this next task, you have to go a bit....deeper. Much deeper. I sure hope you aren't squeamish...because you'll certainly be handling a few organs."