CHAPTER 4: Part 3 - Not-So Amusing Park

The Voice Of Wally Franks

These guys down at the warehouse get to play games all day while I'm stuck cleaning up after 'em! They kept locking themselves out of their own back room.

So I says to 'em, "Look guys", I says:

"you're smart, right? Here's an idea! Why not rig these games up to knock open the door if ya win? It'll be fun for you guys, and it saves me the trip down here every day."

They went for it like a dog to pot roast!

I tell ya! If these guys don't start realizing who the real genius is, I'm outta here!

----------------------------------------

"Who's the new guy?"

"Where did he go?"

"A human?"

The skeletal beings all whispered amongst themselves as Henry stood there like a spooked horse, unwilling to make any movement in fear of being attacked. The majority of the Lost Ones either stood by themselves or huddled in groups on the floor, but all of them stared directly at him like he was the unusual one. He flinched and pulled away as one of them tried poking him out of curiosity, the inked being drawing back and returning to standing alone.

"You're not supposed to be the sacrifice."

Henry jumped and turned around as he looked at a Lost One that had come up to him. "A-A what now?"

"You'll have to do. We have to appease our lord." They continued, ushering Henry towards a vent with scrawled arrows in ink pointing at the entrance.

Oh great. So there's more of those freaks like Sammy.

"You're not like the rest of us. You're made of what we used to be. If we use you, we can finally be free..."

Henry simply stood there and stared at the group as they all stared right back at him, silently ushering him to go into the vent. "Well, um. Bye, I guess."

He picked up the flashlight and squeezed himself into the vent, hearing the door close behind him as he fell into a smaller room.

-

-

-

It was only slightly bigger than a closet, empty except for a knocked over stool. Henry looked up and stared at a crack in the ceiling, unsure what to do next.

He froze up as he saw something stir inside of the ceiling. Soon one long, slender, clawed hand slipped through, then another, and he watched as the infamous "Charley" crawled through and gripped onto the ceiling. The monster turned its head upside down like an owl's with a sickly snap, examining Henry with a snarl.

The ink equivalent of foam from a rabid dog dripped from its jaws onto the floor, and it lunged directly at Henry with a hiss. he immediately scrambled into the ventilation system and quickly dragged himself through it as the monster followed close behind.

After hastily navigating it, Henry fell out of the exit and slammed the grate back onto the hole. "Charley" ran directly into the grate with a loud metallic bang, and he watched as it scraped on it before making a dejected whine and leaving.

Huh. It's kind of like a dog. A really big, rabid, murderous dog.

Getting up and brushing himself off, he looked around the area he had found himself in. There was a large staircase with a sign next to it, which said in ink letters, "COME UP AND SEE ME". An entrance laid at the top, and Henry made his way towards it.

After climbing up the staircase, he stared in awe at the thousands of blueprints covering the walls and table. It all appeared to be things such as merry-go-rounds, ferris wheels, and many more.

He looked down at the table, a map was splayed on it, with small wooden blocks that seemed to represent different objects and buildings. It was divided into four corners: Dark World, Angel World, Ocean World, and Big World.

Man...Joey had a whole lot of time on his hands, huh?

Pulling the switch next to the table, Henry left into the next area.

-

-

-

Once he stepped onto the balcony, the lights immediately kicked on and illuminated the area. A large sign, framed by light bulbs, read in large letters: "WELCOME TO TOONLAND". The "LAND" was notably covered with new writing, so it read as "TOONHELL". What kind of edgelord did that?

Henry stepped down the stairs and navigated the clutter of amusement park storage as he went over to a panel with several levers.

"These seem to be connected. But...what do I do now?"

The intercoms buzzed to life again, and Henry grumbled as the angel began to speak to him once more. "Stumped, errand boy? That haunted house seems like the way to go....how about you get busy?"

The broadcast stopped with a fizzle, and Henry looked over at a few games left out. Maybe I should try to pass the time. Who knows, maybe that can get the first levers I need.

-

-

-

---------------------------------

"That was the most fun I've had in a while," Henry said to himself as he placed down the large mallet of the strength tester.

The speakers buzzed on for a quick moment for Edgar to make an off-handed comment towards him. "Having fun, creator? I'm sure Barley won't mind waiting while you play your little baby games."

He glared up at the speakers for a short moment, before pulling the switches and making his way to the next room.