part 2

"Light, camera, action" - the director's voice is heard. Filming begins. Bright rays illuminate Kendall, making her face more shiny. Fears evaporated like a little tea steam. Now she's playing her part.Walking along the stage, the girl looks only at the camera, everyone admires her performance. Silence, only her voice is heard and the music seems to be in the country style. Nothing breaks the idyll.
"Everything is going well, just play your damn role and nothing else," Kendall flashed through her thoughts.
I wanted to hear the director's voice announcing the end of her scene as soon as possible.
There is a sharp sound, reminiscent of the same firecracker. Everyone freezes. Kendall slowly raises her head and looks around the stage with a shifty glance.
"Well, have you stopped?! Let's continue, we have a finite time, damn it."- the director shouts, thereby interrupting the general silence and pulling the girl out of her stupor.
And then suddenly something falls from the ceiling with a crash. With trembling legs, the girl took two steps and lowered her head. At the beginning it was not clear, because of the roar, the girl was very scared so that the view swam before her eyes ... Kendall only noticed the jacket with the chevron of her school, and after the terrible picture itself began to clearly show itself...Taylor was lying in front of her with a frightened, frozen face and a cold, empty look. Kendall wanted to scream, but her voice disappeared instantly, horror and fear reached the girl's body and mind and everyone saw how poor Kendall fainted. Everyone was running in different directions. Someone called the police and doctors, while others helped Kendall and examined the dead Taylor.
Rumors about the incident spread through the school very quickly. During the lesson, the parents came and the class began to attend the wake. Kendall missed 4 lessons because of the funeral. Taylor wasn't that important to her, but tears were coming from her eyes nonstop. The girl was afraid to be in the place of her now deceased classmate...
"What does it feel like to be buried? What happens after death? What does Taylor see now? Who will be next?..." -Kendall asked herself, these questions did not leave her....
Many students and teachers watched as Taylor's cold, lifeless and already blue body was placed in a brown coffin and the lid was nailed shut.
The incident got into the media and everyone was scared. The police and detectives came and found out the killer, but it was all in vain...Suddenly, in the classroom, on the desk where Taylor was sitting, there was a note with the inscription "You are finished." Everyone thought it was a joke, but decided to call the police anyway... There were fingerprints on the note and after punching the information, they recognized a man named "Anthony Keyf"- the bullies of the school where Kendall studies... The police could have let him go, but they thought the note was a bad sign...Talking to Anthony, they asked questions about Taylor and the guy, to the surprise of the department, started shouting and saying that he killed this "creature" and she deserved it... But it was like a production, it seemed that Anthony was threatened and manipulated for the sake of this confession, but the police did not even investigate, just to close this stupid case as soon as possible. In the late afternoon, the detainee was sent to the colony, where he had to spend the rest of the year until the full examination of the case and coming of age.
Janessa couldn't believe it. He was her friend, and she's sure he couldn't have done that. Unfortunately, they did not listen to her, and there was no point, the confession and fingerprints point to the guilty.
LaJeu was closed for two days, many have already begun to forget what happened here, although such a short time has passed. At this time, Kendall and Hannah were trying to figure out the case themselves.
- It's pretty weird that a corpse fell from the ceiling, isn't it? Why not come up with a more secluded place? I'll try to find information on CCTV cameras. It's not a fact that they'll let me in, but it's not torture to try."
Are you sure, Ken?" What if you get burned or something like that?
- Believe me, I have not been in such situations. It only hardens.
- Okay, I won't argue.
The girls did not talk about this topic anymore and decided to order pizza. Two free days from school. On the one hand, it's cool, but when you find out the reason, it becomes uncomfortable. Suddenly this is not an isolated case. It turns out that you are cannon fodder for the killer. And the worst thing is that no one knows who will be next. Friend, enemy, newcomer, teacher. Maybe the victim was not chosen by chance, or maybe she got into a hot hand or crossed the road. You will say that the picture converges: the main bully is a psychopathic maniac, but what if this is not so? Everything is not as it seems at first glance.
All these two days passed in turmoil. The Internet exploded from this news, and apparently everyone considered it their duty to dig up more information and annoy students with their stupid messages. Kendall has more than a hundred of them.
When the school opened, everyone looked around the now empty corridors in fear. There was no more fuss, the light was gone. The children only looked fearfully at the classes, trying to concentrate on the lessons.
Kendall was tapping her pencil on the table and trying to come up with a plan to get into the security room...
Heels clicked on the tiled floor that led to the security booth. Surprisingly, the place was empty, which played into Kendall's hands. Having carefully made her way there, the girl was squatting, because she did not need extra witnesses. Staring at the monitor, she searched for records dating back to the required date. It was not surprising that nothing was found, because the data is cleared every two days. Kendall banged her fist on the table in anger, but immediately heard footsteps in her direction. In a hurry, taking off her shoes, the girl climbed under the table and, just in case, closed her mouth to calm down. But her gaze fell on the line left by the heel on the floor. Mentally cursing herself, she tried to get rid of her quickly, but the door swung open. The fat woman sat down on a chair and began to poke at the keyboard. These superstitions continued minute by minute, and Kendall thought only that the lady would leave as soon as possible, because not everyone would like to be late. The guard yawned and was about to get up from her chair, but she noticed a line on the floor. Frowning, she licked her finger and began to wash away the "mistake in the matter"
- Eh, the young people have gone, they don't appreciate the work of others at all - the guard puffed. And then she left the room, staggering heavily from side to side.
After waiting for a minute, Kendall quickly slipped out of the cabin and quickly ran through the corridors, stumbling at times. Running into the classroom where they had a Chemistry lesson, she began to look for an empty desk. She caught a glimpse of a place with a dark-haired guy who was scribbling something in a notebook. Sitting down next to her, the girl put a lock of hair behind her ear and greeted the boy, but he nodded in response and mumbled: "Uh-huh..."
Time passed very slowly, the material was very boring, and Kendall wasn't in the mood to be at school at all. After the heroine gets a lump of paper in her head, which flew to her from her neighbor. Unfolding it, she saw a note: "Hey, I haven't seen you before, what's your name?"
- "What a rude man..." - Kendall thought, but decided to answer the note. "I'm Kendall, did you want something?". In response , she received: "No, I just wanted to know the name."
- "So also ill-mannered! And why did I sit down with him at all? And although, he's even cute....Stop. What are you thinking about? Attention to the lesson!"- So Kendall began to mentally struggle between two desires, but curiosity prevailed. So Kendall and the stranger exchanged papers throughout the lesson. Coming out of the office, the guy grabbed her hand.
- Can you give me your number?- The guy said with a playful tone, and Kendall accidentally said "yes" in embarrassment.
Holding the phone in her hand, Kendall dictated her phone number to the "New Friend", and then she asked his name:
- Well, I introduced myself, now it's your turn.- The girl smiled brightly. The guy came up, bent down and poked Ken in the tip of his nose.
- Call me Landon.- The guy grinned, and then went to English class, waving to Kendall.
And the girl herself decided to go the other way to also buy some pastries in the buffet.
Sitting in the hallway on the windowsill by the window, Kendall was waving her legs and reading a book at the same time and chewing a poppy bun. The last lesson will be coming soon, and Kendall was glad about it, because tomorrow is the weekend.
Humming a melody, jumping up and down, Kendall happily returned home and she didn't even care that she was late for the last bus. But her mood was broken by the sound of a notification on her phone. Pulling it out of her pocket, Kendall saw a message from Landon.
"Listen, maybe we'll get to know each other better on Facetime?"
Kendall had long planned to watch TV shows that day, but the guy insisted for a long time and the girl had to agree, just to get him behind her.
With a smile on her face, Kendall ran home and quickly took off her shoes and ran straight to her room. After taking a shower and changing clothes, she was ready to fall into the arms of soft toys and turn on the TV, but Landon brought down her desires with his call. With grief in half, Ken pressed the "Accept call" button.
* And he's not as bad as I thought. It's fun with him * Kendall said to herself, after an hour-long call.
The conversation was really interesting and fascinating. It seems like they've known each other for a long time. Sometimes there is a feeling that this is the same person. Although Kendall had friends, she felt something different for him. Lying on the bed, she couldn't sleep, just waiting for a message from Landon. It's not love, it's addiction, damn it. From where?
- What am I doing? Why, how? Such a pleasant feeling, already twists the stomach. Kendall whispered. Then she went to the bathroom, washed her face with cold water and drank sleeping pills. The moonlight illuminated her sleeping face while she had dreams in which everything was fine....