part 6

Twilight. It's getting dark soon. Kendall sat wrapped in a blanket and sobbed. Clara and Heaver are dead. Does that mean she could be next? Her father brought her a croissant with hot chocolate so she could eat alone. So much has fallen on her. Grief is many-sided. Earthly sadness is multifaceted. It stretches over the wide earth horizon like a rainbow, with its shades of gray.....
Landon sat in his room and decided to write to Kendall. But the situation and the condition of the girl did not give him peace of mind, he was going to comfort her .....
A notification was received on Kendall's phone:
"Kendall, hi, it's me-Landon. I know it's not the best time, but.....
Without you, my heart seems to be bursting out of my chest, butterflies are flying in my stomach, my soul is singing. With your gaze, you warm my body, even during the cold weather....
I can't live without you - you are my weakness, you are my drug, you are my happiness, you are my sadness, you are my pain - you are my everything. I love you, Kendall, let's date?"
Tears were streaming from the girl's eyes, and there was a barely noticeable smile on her face. With trembling hands, she replied, "Yes." Even though she was feeling bad right now, what could be better than the support of a friend? But he's not her friend anymore, now he's her mate.....
The end of November, it's time to decorate Christmas trees, prepare gifts, decorate houses, because Christmas and New Year are coming soon. Kendall walks around the gym and supervises the decoration of the school's classrooms. Everything seems very easy and simple to her, especially when her boyfriend is Landon with her. The school began to play with new colors. There was no trace of mourning and sadness. Drawings, garlands, plush Santas and other decorations.  The whole of California is already waiting for the legendary Christmas tree next to the shopping center in the district. Residents are already going to the shops, buying goods and other other things like firecrackers or fireworks. Having finished decorating the hall, the long-awaited bell rang. All the schoolchildren ran out into the yard and began to play snowballs, make snowmen, dive into snowdrifts, build castles and other other pranks.
Kendall was walking in Landon's arms with her head on his shoulder. Sitting back in the car seat, the guy drove the girl to the store, because Christmas is not waiting. Together by the hand they got out of the car and went shopping in the store. Everywhere the eye ran away from the decorations that were hung on the ceilings, from the garlands above the brand signs. The girl pulled the guy by the hand to the mini-shop at the entrance and began to buy balloons and decorations for the cake, which she prepares annually. By the evening, the girl was already leaving with large packages with Landon helping her. And at home she sorted out all the purchases. A star on the Christmas tree, ribbons, tinsel, toys, figurines, gift wrapper, wreath, baskets, sweaters, decorations and other other things.
- Listen, this may seem strange, because we just started dating, but would you like to celebrate Christmas with me?
- Christmas is a family holiday. But lately you have become very close to me and I am grateful for that. Therefore, I am happy to celebrate this holiday with you. Dad's going on a business trip again, shall we celebrate at my place?
- OK. I hope this doesn't cause you any anxiety.
Landon pressed the button on the music column and the song "Underneath the Tree" started playing all over the house. In a light dance, he whirled Kendall around. She was laughing, trying not to step on everything that was on the floor. The girl has never been so happy. He is sunsets and tired eyes, and disheveled hair, and torn jeans, and late—night laughter, and spilled coffee, and the smell before the rain, and sleepless nights, and bad movies of the nineties, and new music, and poetry, and whispers at four in the morning, and ice cream, and lack of purpose. He's all beautiful. 
Landon's gentle voice asking a question brought Kendall out of her thoughts.
- Ken, I have a suggestion. We can go to Syracuse. Skiing and all that. How do you like the idea?
- It's just amazing! I have no words. But we have 3 days to go to Syracuse. Are you going to take that long?
- Of course! I really want to spend this time with you. Only with you..
Somewhere in the background, another New Year's song is playing, artificial snow is lying on the floor and a dim purple light illuminates the room. The eyes are fixed on each other. The temperature seems to be getting higher, everything around disappears. Putting his hand on the cold cheek, Landon gently touches his lips to Kendall's lips.
- You are the only one I want to see every day, the only one to whom my feelings have woken up.- the guy whispered, blowing warm air over the girl's face. It is not known how long this kiss lasted, the only important thing is that they both waited for it very much. At first, Kendall got goosebumps, she didn't know what to do and only succumbed to the actions of her boyfriend, but then she began to act more decisively. After kissing Landon again, she put her head on his chest, and he began to slowly stroke her and kiss her forehead. The couple went to the kitchen...
An old T-shirt stained with pizza sauce with frayed edges, insinuating laughter in an attempt not to wake up the rest of the sleeping part of the world, His warm hands under the T-shirt on the small of His back and careful stroking of the vertebrae. TV series in the background, hot cheese pizza. Another forgotten night, covered with moonlight and the smell of warmth and love.
Small moments of tenderness are better than nothing. anyway, humans have always been fragile creatures. They were stuck in this night forever, like fragments of the lips of the angels who left them on the edge of the road when they needed them so much.