part 3

The infuriating sound of the alarm clock, forcing her to wake up from the world of dreams, caught Kendall by surprise. I wanted to sleep so much, but parents will not be very happy if their daughter skips classes. With eyes watering from the light, the girl stubbornly began to weave into the bathroom to take a morning shower. Looking in the mirror, Kendall saw a lump of tangled hair and swollen eyes on her head. After washing, the girl began to comb her curls, almost falling asleep on the spot. Braiding them into a tight bun, Kendall went to get dressed and cook breakfast. In the morning, she preferred cereal, because she didn't like to bother with food. After a quick snack and taking lunch with her, Kendall went to school, shaking her bag with boredom in her hands.
When she got to the school bus, she began to look for a place. And I noticed a guy I know-Landon. Slightly lifting the corners of her lips in an embarrassed smile, Ken sat down next to the "friend" and buried her face in the phone.
- Good morning!- Landon smiled, and in response, the girl nodded to him and put on headphones to listen to Ariana Grande songs. After getting off the bus, Len put his arm around Kendall's waist and hugged her to him. Ken pressed the phone to her chest and blushed slightly. In his arms, she felt like she was in heaven. Removing the headphones, the couple began to talk about general topics. And so it dragged on throughout the day. In the classroom, they tossed papers and airplanes, and at recess they walked by the hand and talked. It seemed to Kendall that nothing could be better.
"I wonder what will happen tomorrow?"- Drowning in dreams, Ken thought.
Along the way, singing a melody, Kendall slowly, as if floating on the asphalt. Her mother should be waiting for her at home, she had a day off.
When she reached the door, she began to unlock the doors with expectation, hoping that the bright aroma of apple pie would hit her. Entering the threshold, the lights were turned off everywhere, there was no smell....
- Mom? Mom, are you home? Kendall was waiting for an answer. But there was silence. Worried, she began to turn on the lights everywhere, check the rooms, but her mother was nowhere. She didn't answer the phone either. Tears were streaming from Ken's eyes, all before she called all her friends, colleagues, but no one saw her. And so, in tears, she huddled in the corner of the room and fell asleep to sobs. Her sleep was interrupted by the ringing of the phone. Rushing to the kitchen, she put a speaker to her ear.
-Hello, this is a hospital on the street ---, your mother Heidi Levis got into a life-threatening accident and suffered an injury to 3 upper ribs, an ankle and a concussion when she was cut off on a turn....
Kendall wasn't paying attention anymore and didn't hear the words. Her hearing was as if in a vacuum, the pupils of her eyes began to tremble, tears flowed from her eyes. Kneeling down, she covered her eyes with her hands and began to cry.
The next day, Kendall didn't care about calls, school, or anything else. She wanted to make sure her mom was alive and well. She called a taxi and went out into the courtyard to wait for the driver. She watched the image of the car for a long time, which drove along a rather long way, it began to cheer Kendall up. She was ready to shout to the whole street, but someone put a hand on her shoulder. It was Landon.
- Why are you skipping school? Landon asked, who, unsurprisingly, also decided to skip.
Tears flowed from Kendall's eyes, she burst into tears and hugged Landon, burying her face in his chest. She quickly told London what had happened to her mother with short breaks, and Landon listened attentively to her.
- The taxi is already late.....
- My father has a car, I can bring it.Lan interrupted the girl.
Kendall looked at the guy with swollen, shiny eyes from tears, hope was read in them. The girl began to nod her head quickly, wiping tears from her eyes with her fingers.
After 10 minutes, Landon and Kendall, who had thrown the guy's jacket over her shoulders, were walking to his house. Entering the garage, there were unpleasant odors everywhere, nails, nuts, bolts and other other tools were everywhere. After the car's engine hummed, Landon beckoned his companion to him. Carefully, trying not to step on things on the floor, Ken reached the car and carefully sat down on one of the chairs. Len closed the door and put the keys in the car, and then pressed the button to open the garage. The doors slowly began to rise, and Landon was slowly moving out. When he was done, he opened the gate and drove down the highway.
Trying to distract herself from sad thoughts, Kendall began to inspect things in the car. In one of the compartments she found CDs with music. Taking one of them, she blew the dust off it and inserted it into the record player. The music started playing, and Kendall stared at one point for a long time. On the way to the hospital, Kendall fell asleep.