💌┊our last prom dance

°. • genre : heavy angst.⋆ '

accompaniment song (also inspired by) : dancing with your ghost -sasha sloan.

summary : taehyun lost his lover in a tragic incident, and he can't forget about it. not when he kept dancing with beomgyu's ghost.

⚠️ contains : school sh**ting, major character death, blood, swearing / harsh words.

tags : this chapter is extremely sad i think, however i like good ending so dw, taehyun is traumatized, other members made no appearance, taegyu focus only, may have cheesy words.

don't forget to leave a vote! to support this oneshot book, (*'︶'*)ฅ♡

comment to give critics, correct some grammars/words/typos, or maybe just share your thoughts, i love reading your comments :)

.⋆ i can't continue my life once i know you're not in this world anymore. °•

-- - . 。˚🌙 . ⋆ ˚ - - -

'tick', 'tock', 'tick'

he hated it.

'tock', 'tick'

the sound of a ticking clock.

'tock', 'tick', 'tock', 'tick'

it's irritating. alone in his quiet and dark apartment, laying down on the old couch, staring blankly at the ceiling feeling full of guilt in the middle of the night... taehyun hated it.

he loathed all of it.

life seems lifeless without him.

how he wish he could turn back time, moving the clock's hour hand backwards as if it's a time travel machine.

the world seemed fine to everybody else, why can't he see it too?

is it because his world is gone?

three years isn't a short amount of time. it is more than enough for him to focus on his life path. his next step. everyone had succeed in theirs, why can't he be like them too?

it felt so hard, heavy, and empty.

then it hit him again.

....

'i can feel your presence, my love.'

he hated the feeling of his presence.

invisible to the eye, unable to touch, silent voice, no scent. but, he's there. he's just there.

taehyun is frustrated on how to explain it but he has this-indescribable feeling in his chest that... his love, is there. in front of him. kneeling and caressing his head.

"why do you keep coming back?" taehyun spoke as he hid his face behind his hands.

"I'm trying to forget you. why are you making this hard for me, huh?" he curled up more on the couch, trying to give himself some comfort.

"i hate you." is what he confessed, but he himself knew it's far from the truth.

"please, i don't wanna do the dance anymore. leave me, please. stop this, it hurts." his sobs echoed through his silent apartment, it's killing him slowly.

'ding', 'ding'

the clock chimed softly as it striked twelve o'clock. at the same time his phone screen lit up, revealing a notification from the calendar.