time needed to adapt

TW: BULIMIA/VOMITING

Also in this fic AU Camila adopted Collector

Collector giggled as they looked at the meal before them, he'd just been freed and wanted to taste food again. However as he had been trapped in the tile for so long their body was no longer used to eating or drinking. "This food looks yummy!" He said, looking at Camila with a smile on their face before beginning to eat. "I hope you enjoy it then little one" Camila responded with a smile; hoping the curry wasn't too spicy for The Collector. Luz looked at both of them and smiled, suddenly noticing the young God had stood up and ran to the bathroom "Collector? Are you- aaand they're gone-" she said, rushing upstairs to check up on her new sibling. "Collector..? Are you alright?" Luz asked softly, heading to the spare room Vee had let Collector have; the basilisk having decided to sleep in the basement so she knew Jacob (aka 21st century witch hunter) couldn't try capture her.

Collector was in the bathroom, leaning over the toilet and vomiting out all of the food they had eaten. Tears were in their eyes as they tried to stop himself from vomiting "Collector...?" Luz said softly as she rubbed the godling's back to comfort him. Collector panted and sobbed a bit, they looked up at Luz and let out a sad whimper "why won't my body let me eat..!?" They said angrily, a tint of sadness in his voice "I just wanna taste food.." he said quietly. Luz pulled Collector into a hug "you haven't eaten in thousands of years...your body might not be used to it anymore, but i
I'm sure we'll help you get through it..as a family. Okay?" She said softly; doing her best to console the young god.

It took Collector a few months to readjust to eating, happy that they could eat without vomiting almost immediately after. Camila was proud of him for being patient with themselves and had managed to help Collector with understanding how his actions have consequences. "Mama Camila? Can I help you with dinner tonight?" Collector asked as they walked into the kitchen where Camila was making a steamed chicken dinner. Camila smiled softly, looking over her shoulder "of course, can you cut the carrots? Be careful with the knife though" she said, happy the young ethereal being was almost as enthusiastic about cooking as she was.