am I really free?

Prompt/request by nosleepval
Also TW for Depictions of self-mutilation

Collector was walking through the skull, trying to clear their mind after an argument with King. He wanted to be alone with their thoughts for a while and had ran off to avoid King trying to pry answers from him again. Collector sighed as they walked down the steps, muttering to himself "uggh...why doesn't he understand-!? I freed Eda and Lillith-! Why doesn't King..trust..me as much.." their rambling slowed upon seeing the tile/glass mirror he was once trapped in by King's dad. "What the..? Why is it...intact..? It broke when King freed me.." the young god said shakily; quietly stepping over the Grimwalker guard masks and looking at the glass mirror. "...unless, this..i-is all a dream! A dream..that I'm fabricating to..to cope with how pathetic and alone I am..!" He added with a forced smile. But then thry remembered feeling actual things that touched them, King's claws; the blankets on his bed and even the time they accidentally burned their tongue when eating. Collector picked up the glass mirror and shattered it; however that didn't really help them figure out if he was dreaming or not.

Soon Collector was jabbing shards of glass into his arms and legs, the pain reminding them that he was in fact awake. "Ow..ow..ow..." the star-child whispered, the seething pain only increasing each time he stabbed themself with a new shard of glass. He knew this was bad but the pain reminded them of their own sentience. Hours passed as Collector destroyed their body just to remember he is in fact freed from that prison. Unfortunately it would be weeks until King and Lillith were to fing the young god unconscious in a pool of blood and covered in deep brutal wounds.