a new star is born

Collector was in the Titan's skull quietly practicing a spell for an important celebration. King being there to watch them practice, trying to stay quiet to avoid distracting his friend. "I wonder what the result will be.." the young titan muttered to himself; however this had unfortunately distracted Collector from his concentration. "Well it's meant to display the Constellations in space" they responded; just as they said this the spell went wrong and gave a far different result. Crying was soon heard from a ball of light "what..? Why is that light crying..?" King asked, watching Collector approach it. Collector reached into the ball of light; pulling an infant out of it "oh. I have a baby.." they said with a stunned look in his eyes. The small bundle looked at Collector and almost instantly stopped bawling, clinging to his shirt with a joyful babble. King slowly walked closer, looking at the baby "what you gonna call it?" He asked, glancing up at his godly friend. Collector smiled slightly "hmm, Comet. That's their name" he said with a soft look in their eyes.

An hour later Eda heard a knock at her house door, Hooty swinging it open "EDA!! YOU HAVE A VISITIR!!" He shouted as Collector walked in carrying Comet "Hooty, stop yelling please. You will wake my daughter if you keep screeching" Collector said just as Eda walked into the living room. The Owl Lady staring in shock "when did you have a child-?!" She exclaimed, still being a bit quiet to avoid scaring the infant Collector was holding. King walked in behind Collector "it was um- a spell gone wrong. I distracted him and they accidentally made Comet when not paying attention" he explained with a nervous chuckle. "Do you have any baby clothes I could have for her? And possibly advice on childcare.." Collector asked, looking up at Eda, Comet following her parent's gaze and looking at Eda with sparkling green eyes. Eda sighed softly "I'm sure I have some of my old baby clothes mom left here for just in case I had a kid. I'll check upstairs" Eda responded, heading up the stairs to retrieve the box of baby clothes. "I'll keep you safe Comet, I promise" Collector said softly, planting a kiss on his baby's head. Comet giggling and grabbing their hair in response.

Btw, this is what Comet looks like