doctor's don't lie about the scars

Requested by: MeiRosesYT
Also this fic is in an au where Camila adopts Collector

TW: PTSD, CHILD ABUSE, IMPLIED S.H

Camila was hoping the doctor's appointment wouldn't be difficult for Collector; she knew that he may not be used to modern medicine of the human realm but the young God needed to go in for a check-up after complaining about serious chest pains. Collector was also nervous, they didn't trust the doctors as he had never met them, however Luz had reassured Collector that he was safe in there which made them feel more calm and ready. The star child took in a deep breath and headed into the medical room "ah, hello kiddo. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked with a warm smile on her face. "I have pain in my chest, aside from that I'd say I'm okay-?" Collector responded, not knowing how to exactly explain how they felt. The doctor remained calm "alright little one, I'll check your heart rate to see if it's related to your pulse and if it's not that then we may need to do an x-ray" she said with a comforting tone, wanting Collector to know he was safe with her.

After the checkup the doctor headed out of the room "Ms Noceda? I have some concerns about your son" she said, having seen the scar on Collector's back when checking to see if he had any severe injuries. "Oh..did he say something about his previous family?" Camila responded with clear worry in her eyes; Luz and Vee were also relatively concerned but tried not to seem like they were eavesdropping. "Not exactly..he has a lot of scars on his body though..I think you should ask him about it when you get home" the doctor answered "it's not my position to say anything, since I don't know what caused the scars" she added. Camila sighed softly and nodded, agreeing to ask Collector about the scars.

Upon arriving home Camila looked at Collector "Hijo, may we talk for a moment..?" She asked, gesturing for her 2 daughters to head up to their room. Collector was a bit worried but complied "okay mom, would you like me to prepare us both some tea?" He responded, the drink in question being what usually kept himself and Camila calm during serious talks. "No it's okay, come now. Let's head to the living room" Camila answered with a warm smile; both her and Collector walking to the living room and sitting on the couch together. "Sooo- what did you wanna talk about?" The godling asked, looking up at their mother with a nervous expression. Camila sighed, she hated it when she had to ask her children about secrets they're trying to hide. "The doctor told me about your scars..I was worried and wanted to know wgat caused them" she admitted, knowing honesty would be the best way to go about it.

Collector cried as they looked up at his mother, the godess whipping her son with a horsewhip. "Mama...please stop...I'll behave..." the small child begged, their small body trembling as his wrists slowly became purple with blood and bruising.

Collector sighed, having finished explaining the scars on his wrists, looking up at Camila before explaining the rest

Collector looked at their legs, blood dripping from the scars "why do I do this...? It'll just make mama and papa hate me more..." he mumbled while bandaging his legs up. Just then their father walked in "come brat. Your mother needs you" the man snapped whilst dragging Collector out of the room. When the two got there, Collector's mother called for the child to step closer and turn around.

Pain. That was all that happened after that, first it was the pain from a blast of energy directed from their mother. Next was the rush of pain caused by Collector's parents throwing them down to earth without any crumb of remorse

Camila was in shock, pulling the small godling into a hug "oh Hijo...you poor thing..." she said quietly, carefully rubbing their back and caressing his hair. "I'm here now...they won't hurt you.." Camila whispered soothingly, letting Collector cry on her and held him close to keep them safe. She made it her promise to keep this young god safe.