forever a tool

Request by G1ich_w0rld
TW: HEAVY ANGST
Slight/kinda mean King

Collector was scared, King was lying to them and planned on trapping him again? This had to be a nightmare. That's what Collector told themself for hours on end until King returned. The scared god cowering under his covers; trying not to make a sound as to avoid the slight chance of being seen in such a vulnerable and defenseless state. King sighed, tile in hand "Collector, I know you're not asleep" he said bluntly,  pulling the covers off the young god. Collector flew for the door immediately in a desperate attempt to escape and save themself. King shouted, the magic he sent at Collector striking them and causing him to fall to the floor. "King... w-why..I thought..." Collector choked out, tears rolling down his face as they stared at the young titan with fear in his no longer bright, cheerful eyes. King scoffed in response "you ruined my life Collector. You ruined everything" he said bluntly, stepping closer with the tile. Collector backed away, whimpering and crying as they tried to get away from King. Eventually giving up and freeing everyone he had puppeted before king sealed him away. This time possibly forever.

Around 3 months later Luz and Hunter were wandering the woods, trying to find ingredients for a potion that Hunter had to do for a class project. Luz hearing what sounded like strained sobbing from a hollow tree trunk. "Hey Hunter...you hear that..?" She asked, getting a firm nod in response. Hunter walked to the source and saw the tile, the crying more louder and pain-filled now. Collector sensed Hunter and Luz's presence and was immediately more scared than sad, their sobs becoming more like terrified whimpers. The two teens looked at each other before Hunter pulled the tile out, leaning it on the wall. "Collector...? Is that you..?" Luz asked in a soft and gentle tone; not wanting to scare the young god. The trapped star nervously projected themself onto the wall, despite the  shadow form both Luz and Hunter could tell how scared, tired and upset Collector was. "W..what do you need from me..?" Collector asked, looking at Luz and Hunter. "Well..we were looking for potion ingredients but..that can wait.." Hunter said, looking at Collector with worry "why are you.." he started, only to be cut off. "Trapped..? Well King and his real family did this. I should've seen it coming honestly, I mean who would want to be my friend..? Nobody. T..That's who.." was Collector's response; laughing through their unseen tears. Luz pulled the vial that Belos had used to create the portal back in Gravesfield, thankful that there was a tiny amount if titan blood left as she freed Collector and pulled them into a hug. The small god trembled as they clung to her, tears streaming down his face as he allowed Luz to cradle and hold them.