Twenty

Madeline Rossi

The month of march was madness, no pun intended. Now it being March 31st and twenty weeks pregnant, moving to a different city had been hectic.

But the back and forth from New York was worse. My graduation was just about a little over a month away and I felt sick to my stomach. I was scared, though I was already gone. School was such a constant in my life, I don't really know anything besides it.

I planned to open my own practice in New York or Boston. We are still in the middle on where to go, we have a new place in New York and one in Boston. Ace won't choose, he's making me.

But being in New York this week has allowed me to slip into a class or two in person. I felt like a college kid for the first time in a long time. Of course not being able to really show myself. I couldn't even go with Sloan or throw in a kegger

She's back at school, after the scares and recovery. I hated that I kept putting my family through shit and my daddy issues just multiplied.

I didn't really tell Atlas I left, I just gave him a thank you note stating I'm fine. I have a family of my own I need to take care of.

His families long lasting enemy was marrying me. I hadn't spoken to Miles, nor did I tell Ace about Miles. I don't keep secrets, but right now I was and I hated it. I haven't seen him since Sofia told me, she's still locked up at Atlas's. Last I heard she was transported to Greece.

My fear was that's where my father would've taken me. To Greece, a place I would probably have been forced to go if I stayed.

"Lila" his voice trailed from the kitchen as I exited the bedroom "mhmm"

"Come here" I walked down the hall and down the dark oak stairs "I'm coming"

Once I reached the door way to the kitchen I stepped in to see Ace chopping up carrots as a big pot boiled beside him "smells very good in here Chef Rossi"

"You should really get me one of those cheesy aprons that says kiss the cook" he stood in my light pink apron with mini red hearts covering it

"Oh I think you look sexy in the one your wearing" I came behind him wrapping my arms around his waist

"How's Kingsley?" He questioned

"Still making it hard for me to sleep, they do not stop kicking. I think it gets even more angry from my voice but for some reason yours seems to make it calm" I kissed his back and let go

My bump was definitely showing now but still small so it wasn't difficult to hide "what are you making?" I turned to the sink pumping apple cinnamon soap on my hand

"Chicken noodle soup and French bread" he mused. I scrubbed my hands and sat on the stool parellel to him at the island counter

"Today I went to Whole Foods" he looked at me surprised "incognito of course" he smiled rolling his eyes "you know that's not safe Bellissima"

"I need to live my life, plus my belly was hidden in a bulky coat I looked cute. After class I took a taxi to the nearest one to us in Manhattan and..."

"That explains the mochi in the freezer and excess groceries I don't recall buying?" a guilty smile curled onto my lips

"Yeah well anyways, while I was at the store a fan noticed me" he rose a brow "so you weren't super incognito?"