Twenty Six

Madeline Rossi

I leaned back as I watched him cook. If anything he looked stressed and tense. It was his idea for a dinner party, which amazed me. If anything Ace seemed more anti social.

But I think he wants a small piece of normalcy before Kingsley comes. So inviting our friends for a dinner he's cooking, and drinks. Was some type of 'normalcy'. He isn't allowing me to lift a finger, considering the fact that I am 34 weeks pregnant, I think that's fair. But I've never felt more useless.

"Are you sure there isn't anythinggg I can do?" He looked up at me after placing the garlic bread in the oven smiling.

"Just being yourself amore" he walked over to me taking my lips into his.

"I feel like your treating me as if I'm fragile?" He stepped back scanning me "I mean your fragile, you're due in six weeks" I rolled my eyes, I was at the point in my pregnancy where I was just so over it.

It's not that I wasn't excited to have a little baby in my arms. I was just so done with being pregnant, I felt like every person around was treating me like glass that could break. I felt like a thousand pounds and felt like crap. Those women who say they enjoy pregnancy, are liars. Because recently it's been the worst.

"That doesn't mean I can't cook, or clean. I mean I'm not evening waddling yet are you kidding me? I can still operate a car!" He sighed turning back over to me.

"I just like to play things safe Bellissima, i know you're under stress. Which isn't already good, getting your grad school applications ready has been tiring. Kingsleys been keeping you up at night, your doing so much for me, let me do whatever I can for you" he wrapped his arms around me nuzzling his head in the crook of my neck.

"I feel like my body isn't my own, I'm so tired. I just want to sleep all the time and my boobs hurt so bad" I felt myself pouting and I hated how I was acting like such a baby, but this sucked.

"It's not that I don't love what I'm doing, bringing a child into the world. But Ace I swear to you these last few weeks are going to be so rough" he placed a kiss on a certain spot on my neck that always sent shivers down my spine and I looked over to the view of the ocean.

We were renting an estate with a lawn that looked over the Atlantic Ocean. Ace wanted to buy the place, it was a beautiful. But I told him it was ridiculous and rash to do right now.

It was a big cream colored house with big windows with blue shutters. The lawn with a stone fence surrounding acres of grass. It was July 18th, I was thankful to be here on Martha's Vineyard.

The heat waves back home were excruciating. It was nice to get away, the stress of applications and interviews for schools. But I chose to further my education to work towards the goal of my own practice some day "I'm surprised you got everyone to agree to coming here"

"Are you kidding me, have you seen the location and view of this beautiful place. Just a couple minute walk to shops and well... bars" I shoved his arm knowing full well his friends would want to go tonight.

"Don't come home wasted, because I'm going to be sleeping. I'll also be pissed if you wake me" he shook his head.

"I won't be going out to a bar tonight, I can't promise the three musketeers won't though. They have their own agenda" he strained the pot of penne and placed it in a bowl. A timer dinged and he reached into the oven for the chicken parm he made.