THE ROKA

15HER ROKA

15
HER ROKA

The younger members of the Suryavanshi Family were the most excited to meet their new sister-in-law, with purple eyes.
Myra, Geetika, Karan and Abhimanyu were at the height of joy to meet their brother's fiance and also nervous to make a nice impression on her.

Only the core Suryavanshi family were joining the Shergilss at their mansion for the Roka ceremony. Shauryaveer, his friends and others were tp stay behind and prepare their luggages for the engagement at Pathankot.

The first car left with the 5 siblings; Rakshak, Karan, Abhimanyu, Myra and Geetika. Lajja, Jeetendra, Geeta and Mahendra followed them and Vasudha Devi and Badal Singh were the last to leave.

In 17 minutes they reached the large lutyens delhi mansions, the gates opened and Suryavanshi's car stopped in Shergill's big driveway.

They expected Ishaan to welcome them but Amrita, Ritvik and Samarthy stood there in their attendance. The greeting, shaking of hands and cheek kisses happened and the Suryavanshi family moved inside the mansion with the three Shergill siblings.

...

She stared at her reflection in the mirror, taking a momentary pause from all the chaos that surrounded her.

Devika sat puzzled and confused. Above all she was silent. It wasn't different, Devika was a woman of controlled tongue she wouldn't speak unless needful.

She was mostly silent, kept her thoughts to herself. But the silence that surrounded her today was different. Forget about her siblings, even her father couldn't notice it. But there was an exception, the eldest Ishaan.

Most thought Ritvik understood everyone better, but what everyone forgot was, there was one who could understand all his siblings, without even trying was Ishaan. He wasn't the oldest for nothing.

It is said that the eldest sibling is the foremost guardian, this line was made for Ishaan.

.
.
.

Ishaan sat on the sofa in Devika's room, gazing at her with love as Amrita helped her hair. He had abandoned all his duties and given up on welcoming the guests to be with his sister. At this point nothing mattered to him more than her sister. He knew Devika well, maybe not as deeply as Ritvik did,, but enough to understand that Devika's silence wasnt that of her usual sense.

Devika is a mindful, intellectual and sharp woman. She would know your questions before you open your mouth and the answers before even the questions were asked. She could read eyes, expressions and body language. She is an ultimate woman.

It is Devika's choice to be silent. She chooses to be silent, use her words less and judiciously.

She speaks less, to speak worth.

But today she was surrounded with astound silence, fairly because she didn't know how to feel.

Ishaan walked towards Devika as she chose which bracelet to match her outfit. She left that to face her elder brother. Amrita had already left to welcome the Suryavanshis. Ishaan got on his knees to come to Devika's level as she sat on the vanity stool. Ishaan chose the simple chain bracelet with a diamond encrusted butterfly charm and wrapped it around her wrist.