Are You Ready For This?

Warnings: angst, vomiting, pregnancy tests

Summary: Spencer and JJ have a talk, the witness' father comes by the BAU. Later, you and Spencer talk before you both head to work for the evening...

 Later, you and Spencer talk before you both head to work for the evening

Spencer strolled into the BAU the next day grinning like a fool

He was going to meet your husband, to finally start the process of being fully in your life. He was going to meet your kids, all of them and on purpose this time, and words could never explain how excited he was.

You were everything to him. Your family would be too, all of them. Even Chuck, and he was determined to get him to like Spencer... especially if he was going to marry you someday.

He spent most of the day going over case files with renewed vigor, combing through data on their newly discovered female unsub and trying to make heads or tails from the profile. Alone in the conference room while the rest of the team went over information on other cases, he poured through files slowly and methodically.

After a bit, his mind fog of crime scene photos and geographical data was interrupted by a soft knock at the door. He looked up to spot JJ lingering in the doorway with that embarrassed-but-sorry look on her face that she usually got after they fought.

"Hey," she said awkwardly, waving a hand at the piles of paper. "Mind if I join you?"

"I'm not mad at you, JJ," Spencer said pointedly, but he smiled softly at her.

"Yeah, I'm mostly mad at myself," she muttered, looking down at her shuffling feet. "I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions."

"I would have," he replied, and she looked up at him and made her way over.

Sitting on the edge of the table, JJ gazed out the half-shuttered windows and swung her legs. Spencer leaned back in his chair and watched her amusedly, an expectant smile on his face. They did this a lot after an argument, and by now it all seemed a bit ridiculous.

She chanced a glance his way, and they both broke out in stupid grins, laughing lightly. JJ scoffed and scrunched up her nose, "I just want the best for you."