Chapter 2 - Naming much?

A/N: Very short, I promise. Just want to shout out to @DquaPerrie because she was the first to read my story and comment! A really big hug for you and thank you! Picture beside: Ashton doing the tricks in the park.

~~~~~

Chapter 2

I hit the back brake and the rear tyre skidded towards the oncoming cars. I let loose my left leg from the pedal and tried to stop the bike from drifting. I managed to get my bike on track again without any casualties. The cigarette on my mouth almost falls out. Usually, I don’t smoke while I ride but today was an exception.

The driver of the oncoming car shouted some foul words at me but I didn’t care. He was lucky I didn’t damage his car at all. But if my bike were to be damaged, I couldn’t forgive myself ever.

The Central Zoo was just a few yards ahead of me. Unfortunately, the park where people exercise were placed between us. Cars had to turn at the intersection and find another route to reach there. But, for me, a skilled cyclist, I don’t have to. I crossed the road to the entrance of the park and bunny hop over the low walls. Yes, a road bike just bunny-hop.

Normally, road bike don’t really do tricks, they only were used to speed. As for me, I used them for everything. My bike can take me anywhere I wanted to go. People glanced at me when I rode passed them in the park. There were elderly, young children playing around the pond and looked up at me with awe on their face.

While I rode, I could see The Central Zoo’s front entrance crowded like someone had just locked the gate and not letting anyone in. What was happening there? 

A sudden group of people walking like a slowpoke made me hit my brake and I had to find another way around them. I handled my bike as easily as moving my own body. My bike had already become a part of me so it was a piece of cake to move it around.

“Move it old man!” I yelled while I cycled passed them on their left where I had to ride on grasses. And I threw the finished cigarette away while doing another tricks.

“Stupid bikers!” A man whose age was around forty yelled back angrily and he tried to hit me with his clenched fist when I cranked my neck to see if the guy who I was racing with had caught up with me or not. He hasn’t. I can’t even see him in the midst of crowded park.

I keep pedalling, hoping over obstacle and as I was going to dodge another slowpoke, I saw a group of cyclist, gathering at the right corner of the park. All of them were wearing their Team Jersey, Omega Pharma Quick-Step. That team was the top fifth Pro Team in the world. But I think I beat one of them in a race before.

Out of nowhere, a kitten leapt into my track and I was riding to fast. Instinctively, I wheelie my front tyre so I don’t hit that innocent cat and hoped over it with my rear tyre. And then, I saw the finishing line. A guy, the time keeper was standing at the entrance of the zoo.

It was still crowded but not as much as it was just now. I crossed the road easily as there were not many cars and stopped in front of the guy. He was wearing a Merida shirt and cap. He must be a fan of Merida brand.

He looked at me with his big green eyes which were filled with awe and star-struck. He didn’t look like a professional cyclist as he was too slim to be one. He was wearing three-quarter pants so I can see the muscles on his lower leg. It was not as big as the guy I raced just now.

“Amazing!” He exclaimed and it made some people looked curiously at us. “It only took you 15 minutes!”

I took off my helmet and ran a hand over my wet hair. It was not hot but I was sweating. This was what I call healthy. “15 minutes?”