Chapter 8 -Bicycle Moto-Cross?

A/N: A short shout-out to @eb1234 because she's a cyclists too! And I'm so glad she found my story! Hope you enjoy the rest of the story, cycling friend~

~~~~

CHAPTER 8

My dad was still a hero to them although he was gone for so long. His last team was Quick-Step Floors and Specialized was the sponsor too. My dad was the greatest cyclists of all time and he still is.

Omega Pharma had not reach the ranks of a champion back then so my dad joined Quick-Step Floors. Now, Omega Pharma and Quick-Step Floors merged together to form a powerful team.

I felt a tug in my heart as my dad’s eyes looked right at me. He was very happy because that time he had won UCI Road Cycling Championship. My dad was the happiest when he was with his bike and I often didn’t understand why he was still smiling when he got second place.

“Ashton?” Carlos called me back to reality as he sat at the special seats reserved for us. Dan and Noah had already taken their seats and were looking around the shops. I followed suit.

“What are you looking at just now?” Dan asked me, gazing around the place where I sat my eyes on. I tried my best to ignore him by making the shop seemed interesting to me.

Red and white wallpaper, magnificent bike hanging on every corner of the shop and the counter of the shop was on the right of the audience’s seats. The shop was filled with bike’s scent; rubber, steel and sweet.

A man walked through the front door on my right and went up to the middle with a microphone. He was wearing short sleeves shirt so I can see what he had revealed to everyone as he walked. A long scar was crafted on his left arm. He was wearing a black cap, a blue dry-fit shirt together with baggy shorts. His attire made him looked older than his age.

Everyone had already seated in front of us, their faces filled with eagerness. The man cleared his throat and looked nervously at us and the crowd. Only the reporters were still standing all over the room; corner, centre and the sides, their cameras’ flashes were a bit of an eye-sore.

“Welcome, ladies and gentlemen,” the man spoke in a low voice but the microphone amplified his voice. “I will be the MC for today’s ceremony, my name is Alex,” he paused for effect but no one seemed to bother about what he said. All of the audience were looking at us. “So, today, CH bike shop has invited the Omega Pharma’s team member to join us today, welcome them,” and the crowd went wild. Claps, shouts, screams and even some blew kisses -girls only-.

“Theo!” A girl screamed and I saw Theo winked at her. She almost swooned but regained her dignity.

“Okay, chillax,” Alex said and silenced everyone with his low yet piercing whistle. “I’m sorry,” he nodded at us, “this is the manager of this team, Ashley Pauwels,” he passed the microphone to Ashley who took it like a professional. “Introduce the members to them,”

“Good morning,” Ashley said in a sweet voice. She gestured to all of us as she spoke. “This is Devon Hamilton, the team captain,” I almost choked on my saliva when I heard Devon’s surname. Hamilton? An English surname? He didn’t look English to me at all! “Noah Volkov, Daniel Steve Moreno, Theo Jacobs, Carlos Russo and,” she looked at me before she continued, “Ashton Hunter, our new member,”