First Show

*

Hailee

*

Hailee could feel herself getting more and more nervous the closer the bus got to Dallas. She was pacing back and forth from one end of the bus to the other.

"Hals, you're going to wear out the floor." Morgan laughed. He was reclined back on the couch, his arm propped up on the back. He was holding a beer as he watched Hailee.

Hailee turned on her heels to look at him. "Some people aren't used to performing in front of thousands of people, Wallen." She said, but sat down anyway.

"Ten minutes away." The driver called to the back of the bus. Hailee tan her hands over her face, groaning.

"I promise, you'll do great. You'll love it." Morgan said, watching as she relaxed a bit from hearing his words.

After a few more minutes, the bus stopped. Hailee looked out the window and took a nervous deep breath, seeing the huge stadium in front of her. Morgan stood up, grabbing his guitar and stepping off of the bus. Hailee followed his lead, walking with him into the venue.

Morgan, Hailee, the band, managers, and other crew stepped towards the stage. Hailee was almost instantly blinded by the bright lights, but after a moment, her vision adjusted. She gasped softly as she watched the venue employees running around, making sure that the venue was ready for them to set up. She looked up at Morgan with a grin. He didn't look nervous at all. He definitely looked like he was in his element.

"Morgan? Hailee? I'm June. Let me show y'all to your dressing rooms." A girl, maybe mid-twenties, approached them with a clipboard in her hand and a radio clipped to her waistband.

She led the pair back age and down a long hallway. "Morgan, you're here, and Hailee, you're right across the hall. If you need anything, please let me know. We're so excited to have you both here." June gestures toward two doors before nodding at the two. She turned on her heels, walking away.

Several hours later

"Hailee? Five minutes until show." Jameson poked his head through the door of her dressing room. "You'll do great. You look fantastic." He gave her a warm smile.

Hailee turned from staring at her reflection in the mirror. "Thank you, Jameson. You've done so much for me." Jameson smiled again, nodding before backing out of the room and shutting the door.

Hailee had been nervous during the mic check, but it was nothing compared to her nerves tonight. She looked back at her reflection. Her makeup was bold, much bolder than she normally wore. She had her deep brown hair in gentle, messy waves, and was wearing a glittery black body suit and black knee-high boots. She had to admit, she looked fantastic.

She could hear the crowd getting louder and louder as the countdown to the show started. Two minutes until her first big real concert. She look one last look in the mirror before grabbing her guitar and stepping out of the dressing room. As she made her way towards the show, she spotted Morgan already waiting.

Guys had it so easy. Morgan was simply wearing an army green t-shirt with jeans and his usual boots. He had a black baseball hat on top. Morgan turned to look at Hailee and raised his eyebrows, speechless for a moment. "You've got this. You'll do great." He gave her a warm smile once he had finally composed himself.

Finally, the countdown ended. The crowd started cheering even more as Hailee took a deep breath and stepped out to the stage. The lights blinded her, but she couldn't help but grin.

*

Morgan

*

"Thank you, Dallas!" The crowd erupted in cheers as Morgan waved.

After another incredible show, Morgan jogged off the stage, his forehead slightly glistening with sweat. He always felt such a rush when performing, and now he got to watch Hailee perform in front of thousands of people too.

"You did so great! This was amazing!" Hailee hugged him tightly as soon as Morgan made it backstage. His free hand wrapped around her waist as he chuckled. "You're the one who did great. You practically stole the show!"

She pulled away, a slight blush on her her cheeks. "What now?" She asked.

A devilish grin spread across Morgan's face. "We celebrate." He said.

A few hours later, Hailee and Morgan found themselves surrounded by their band members on the bus, all holding beers. Hailee wasn't drinking as much as Morgan was, but before long, he was drunk.

"To a great first show!" He yelled, holding up his beer. Everyone else followed suit, holding up their beers before guzzling them down. Morgan grabbed Hailee's arm, pulling her down to the couch with him. "And to Hailee, who stole the show!" He slurred, leaning in closer to her before taking another drink of his beer.

As she turned her face to look at him with a smile, he slammed his lips against hers, kissing her roughly.

***

Author's note: He kissed her. What does this mean for the rest of the tour? How will she respond?

As always, feel free to comment and vote!! I'd love for more people to read this and encourage me to write more stories. -K