Confession

Morgan

Morgan stood up from his bed as he heard a knock on the door. "Hang on, Jade." He said into his phone. "Someone is at the door." He set his phone down, stood up, and opened the door.

"Hailee? You okay?" He glanced up and down the hallway before looking back at the girl in front of him.

"Morgan." She said breathlessly. Morgan stared, slightly confused, waiting for her to say what she needed to say.

"I love you. I'm in love with you." She finally said they stared at each other for what seemed like hours.

Morgan opened his mouth slightly and raised his eyebrows, but he was speechless. He couldn't find words to say, so he grabbed her instead. He cupped her face with both hands and pressed his lips against hers. A moment later, he felt Hailee moving her arms up behind his neck, pulling herself closer to him.

Morgan hesitantly pulled away and smiled at the bright blush on Hailee's face. "You have no idea how much I've wanted to hear you say that...." He trailed off, his smile fading as he remembered his phone, still on an active phone call with Jade on the bed.

"I have something I have to go do first." He said quietly.

"Morgan!" Hailee said loudly as he started to back into the room. "You can't just kiss me and that's it. How do you feel?"

Morgan thought for a moment, trying to decide the order in which to do things. He was sure that Jade heard that part comment. Things couldn't get any worse. He'd deal with her later.

Morgan turned back around to look at Hailee with a grin. "Hell Hailee, I've been in love with you since I first heard you sing Rocky Top in that bar." He laughed, moving closer and kissing her again. "But I have Jade on the phone. I need to go talk to her. I'll come find you when I'm done?" He asked, smiling.

Hailee frowned but nodded. "Fine. I'm right next door. We can talk when you're done." She turned, walking out the door. Hailee slightly slammed the door behind her.

Morgan watched her leave before sighing and picking up his phone. He could hear someone crying on the other end. "Jade?" He asked cautiously.

As soon as he spoke into the phone, he got the reaction he was expecting. "What the hell, Morgan! I knew I couldn't trust that little snake that you're on tour with. I can't believe she would try to sabotage us like that!"

Morgan groaned slightly. "No. Jade. She wasn't trying to sabotage us. I've been in love with her though, and it's not fair to you. We need to end things."

Jade scoffed on the other end of the phone. "My poor Morgan. She has you so brainwashed. You only think you love her because you've been forced to spend so much time with her. I'll get you back, though. Don't worry."

There was a click on the line, then silence.

***************

AUTHORS NOTE: oh man, I got so much good feedback about the last chapter, I had to go ahead and publish this one. I'm still working on following chapters, but I released this one a bit early. I hope y'all enjoy. If you have any comments, thoughts, or suggestions, feel free to comment. Love you all. -K