Back Home and Interview (part 1 of 2)

Hailee

The drive back from Montana to Nashville wasn't too long, though Morgan insisted on stopping for food more than once. Hailee rolled her eyes every time he asked their driver to stop, but she didn't complain. She was just happy that they were friends again.

Over the period of their couple of weeks back home, Hailee occasionally texted Morgan, but would get no reply. She didn't get a reply until their last day before touring again.

H: You ready to be back on the road?

M: Yeah, sorry I didn't really reply. Jade was here, she's a bit jealous.

H: Oh, it's fine. I get it.

Of course, Hailee didn't want to tell him she was disappointed. She just wanted things to go back to normal. A few moments later, her phone buzzed.

M: We have an interview before we start touring again. We'll meet with Jimmy Fallon.

Hailee raised her eyebrows at that news. She loved Jimmy Fallon. While she was staring her phone, she saw the text bubble pop back up, indicating that Morgan was typing.

M: You've become a huge deal. People love you. He wants to ask about you.

Hailee couldn't help but grin as she read the text. It was exciting.

H: I can't wait! I love Jimmy Fallon! When is the interview?

M: In 2 days. I'll pick you up in a couple hours and we'll head to the airport. The bus will meet us in New York.

H: perfect. I'll make sure I have everything packed. See you soon!

With that, Hailee tossed her phone down on her bed and walked to her laundry room, making sure she had everything from the tour out of the dryer and folded. She had her clothes in a stack on top of the dryer, so she picked them up, putting them in her suitcase. She spent the next couple of hours making sure everything was packed and clean. She double checked that she had her phone and laptop chargers packed in her backpack, and before she knew it, there was a knock on her door.

Hailee threw open the door with a grin. Her bags were sitting by the door, and Morgan wasted no time picking them up. "Morgan, I promise I can carry my own bags." Hailee laughed.

Morgan grinned as she locked her and they started walking. "Momma raised me to be a gentleman." He shrugged. They walked across the seat and he tossed the bags in his truck, then opened her door for her.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the airport. Hailee hopped out of the truck once they parked, and grabbed her bags before Morgan could. Thankfully his hands were full anyway.

They walked through the airport, successfully made it through security, and boarded the plane. Hailee pulled her earbuds out and connected them to her phone, listening to music as they flew.

Morgan

A few hours later, they were sitting outside Jimmy Fallon's studio. Hailee was nervous, he could tell. She was pacing the length of the bus multiple times.

"Hailee, you're going to wear out the floor of the bus." Morgan laughed as he stood up. "Come on, let's head in."

Hailee laughed nervously before nodding. They walk in through the studio door, where a smiling assistant greets them immediately. "I'll lead you both to your rooms. Jimmy will come by soon to see you." She said in a chirpy voice.

Morgan followed the assistant, nodding at Hailee as he saw his name on a door. He opened the door, stepping into the dressing room, and sat down. He was ready for the interview, and was already feeling calm and collected. He simply pulled out his phone, texting Jade as he waited.

Pretty soon, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." Morgan called as he set his phone down and looked over at the door. Jimmy Fallon opened the door with a grin. "Morgan! It's great to meet you. I'm not much of a country fan, but I do like your music." He shut the door behind him as he stepped in, reaching out to shake Morgan's hand.

"Hey man, I appreciate it." Morgan smiled, shaking his hand.

As they sat and talked, Jimmy ran him briefly through the interview process.

"Alright, I've got to get out there. See you in a few minutes." Jimmy said as he left Morgan's room.