Things are Different

Hailee

Things changed. Drastically.

The next several shows over the coming weeks that Hailee and Morgan play were awkward. Of course, they put on a show for the fans, but other than on stage, Hailee and Morgan didn't speak to each other. Not that she didn't try.. anytime she tried to stop him to talk, he would come up with some excuse to leave.

She missed him, though. She just wanted to talk to him again. She hadn't realized how much she had been starting to care about Morgan. Not until she couldn't talk to him.

It wasn't until they were taking a short break from the tour, planning on going home for two weeks to see family. After the last show in Montana before they headed back to Nashville, Hailee got back on the bus. Morgan had already cleaned out his dressing room backstage and loaded up on the bus. She was determined to speak to him before they got back home. She had so much to tell him, mostly about the fact that she was officially releasing her first album in the next few days. She had finally made it, and it was all thanks to him.

As Hailee entered the living area of the bus, she heard some soft moaning. She turned the corner to see a blonde woman straddling Morgan's lap on the couch. His hands were running down her sides, and his head was tilted up, kissing her. As he heard the door slam, he looked over at Hailee.

"Hell, Hailee. Don't you knock?" Morgan groaned as he saw her.

Hailee clenched her jaw, glaring at him. "This is my bus too, Morgan. Where am I supposed to go?"

Morgan shrugged, sighing as the blonde in his lap climbed off. "I'll see you when you get home. I'll go ahead and fly to Nashville." She said, winking at Morgan. She gave Hailee a glare before adjusting her skirt and walking off of the bus.

Hailee watched her walk away, then locked the door behind her. She turned to face Morgan, crossing her arms. "I've been trying to talk to you for weeks, Morgan. What the hell is your problem?"

Morgan shrugged. "You said all you had to that night that I kissed you. You made it clear you didn't want to be with me, so I'm moving on."

Morgan

Of course, he would always have feelings for her. They were strong enough that no matter what, he'd have feelings for her. But he had moved on.

"Hailee, that was my girlfriend. Jade. I don't know what you were expecting. I couldn't just sit around waiting. I had to move on."

Hailee raised her eyebrows, and Morgan could see a look of shock and hurt on her face. "Girlfriend? When did you get a girlfriend? Where did you meet her?"

Morgan sighed. "I met her online. It's fairly recent. She's coming to stay with me for the two weeks when we head back to Nashville..." he trailed off. "I'm sorry that the past couple weeks, I haven't been here for you. I want to change that. I've missed having you as a friend. You were my best friend."

Hailee nodded slightly, sitting down beside him. "I've missed you too." She leaned over, hugging him. He wrapped his arms around her, gently kissing her forehead. He would leave Jade right that instant if Hailee said she wanted to be with him.

*******

Authors note: im gettin closer and closer to one of the parts I'm most excited about. I can't wait for y'all to read it.

Also, thank y'all so much for being patient with me. I've had a hard time the last few days. It's been over a week since I've written anything other than this chapter. We buried my grandfather a week ago. It still hurts so bad. But thank y'all for being patient with me about chapters. I'm trying to get back into a regular schedule with my writing, though.

Anyway, like always, if you have any comments or suggestions, leave a comment! I hope y'all enjoy. -K