Celebration

*

Morgan

*

Morgan felt himself being shoved away and looked at Hailee with confusion on his face.

"Morgan, we're friends. That's all. That's all we'll ever be." Hailee was bright red and was so glaring at him. She had pushed him off of her and stood up. He felt defeated and leaned back on the couch. "Sorry.." he mumbled.

Hailee shook her head. "I'm gonna turn in. Try to keep it down so I can sleep." She turned, running towards the bedroom she had claimed. She shut the door and Morgan looked over at his band mates, who were all standing around awkwardly.

"I guess I should move on." He said quietly, turning his baseball hat backwards. He sighed, leaning back completely on the couch as he rested his arm on the back.

*
Hailee
*

She couldn't believe it. She had told him so many times that they were just friends, and he had to go and ruin it. That wasn't meaning that she didn't care about him. She did, a lot. She just couldn't risk being hurt by a musician again.

She laid down on her back, staring up at the ceiling as she sighed. She could hear Morgan talking quietly outside, and the gentle rumble of the van was putting her to sleep. Finally, she closed her eyes, feeling herself drift to sleep.

*
Morgan
*

As the night progressed and Morgan drank some more beer, he started forgetting how bad he felt about Hailee.

"Man, you should set up a Tinder account or something."

Morgan looked over at his band mate who was speaking, thinking for a moment before nodding. "You're right! I'll set up an account now before we get to Phoenix." He pulled out his phone, tapping a few times as he created his account. He picked out a couple pictures, then typed out a bio.

I just want to be someone's problem. I want someone to fish with and drive down backroads with.

He handed his phone over to his band mate. "How's that?" He asked, wanting him to look over the profile.

The band mate looked at the phone for a minute, reading over the information Morgan had provided, before nodding. "Looks good. You'll find a girl soon." He said as he handed the phone back to Morgan.

Morgan grinned, nodding as he swiped a few times. He only swiped a couple times before tucking his phone away, deciding it was time to turn in. "Alright guys, it's 4AM. We better turn in if we don't want to be completely miserable tomorrow." Morgan laughed, drinking the last of his beer before leaning back and closing his eyes. Almost instantly, he fell asleep and started snoring.

****
Author's note: I'm sorry there wasn't too much to this chapter. I know it's probably not what y'all are hoping for but just wait. I have a lot in store. As always, comment and favorite!! Let me know what you're thinking.

Thank y'all for reading and bearing with me during my family stuff. My grandfather just passed away, so I should hopefully get to a normal writing schedule again. I appreciate that y'all are patient with me. -K