"In my culture, death is not the end" Ivani sniffed as she looked at him. "It will be okay" T'Challa comforted. "How do you cope....with losing the only person who knew you most?"

"With gaining others who can learn from you" T'Challa said. Ivani looked back at the sunset as a tear ran down her face. "Shall I get Shuri?" He asked with a smile.

"And have her make fun of my tears no" Ivani said with a scoff. "So I'm taking that as a yes" T'Challa joked and Ivani looked at him.

"You cannot just stay here all day. Even the sun has to set for the moon to shine" Ivani gave him a smile. "I will never get tired of your motivational lines just to move me" Ivani said.

T'Challa smiled before looking behind him. Ivani's eyes followed to see Shuri looking at them both. "I shall leave you two to it" T'Challa said standing up.

He walked up to Shuri. "Try to be....soft" T'Challa said. Shuri nodded before he walked away. Shuri walked up and sat next to Ivani.

"I know how it feels" Shuri began as Ivani was looking at the sunset. "To lose someone important" "But you got a second chance-"

"Only once" Ivani looked at her. "I am not very comforting but you can never say I have not taken your words into consideration" Shuri said.

Ivani smiled before scooting over and resting her head on Shuri's shoulder. "Are you going to take a break from fighting?" Shuri asked.

Ivani shook her head. "No...it's not what he would've wanted" Ivani said. "So what will you do?" Shuri asked.

"Carry on...just with a reason" Shuri nodded and wrapped and arm around Ivani. "It gets better, because you are not alone" Shuri said.

Ivani closed her eyes as Shuri placed a lasting kiss on her head.

~1 month later~

The doors opened as Ivani walked in. "Everytime I come in this lab I find you here" Shuri turned around at the sound of her voice.

Ivani smiled as Shuri smiled back. "What are you doing here?" Shuri asked. "Am I not allowed to check on my girlfriend now? I will leave-"

"I was joking, kidding" Shuri said grabbing her hand and bringing her closer. "What are you working on now?" Ivani asked as she looked at the design.

"Playing around. I found out how to switch DNA vitals..but it's like solving the same color puzzle" Shuri sighed. Ivani smiled looked at her girlfriend.

"You'll work it out. You always do" Ivani encouraged. "Ladies" A voice said and the girls turned to see Ramonda. "Queen Mother""Mother"

Ivani looked at Shuri then Ramonda. "I'll leave you to be" Ivani said before she began walking. Ramonda sent her a smile and Ivani smiled back before leaving.

"I hope you were not flirting in this lab again" Ramonda joked. "Hello Mother" Shuri smiled turned back to her design.

"I came to talk to you. Your brother wishes to see you" "He knows where I am" Shuri said. "I know but I mean he wishes to see you outside of the lab"

Shuri gave her a look. "Everytime I lay an eye on you this is where you are. Am I wrong?" Ramonda said. "Come back to the real world with us just for a minute"

Shuri sighed before Ivani came running back into the room. "Ivani?" "It's T'Challa! He collapsed!" Ivani said while breathing hard and scared.

Ramonda and Shuri shared a look.

Ramonda and Ivani sat with T'Challa on his deathbed. "Griot! Call Shuri here now" Ivani said speaking into her beads. "The Princess has been trying to save the King's vitals"

Ivani sighed. "Vani" T'Challa said and she looked at him. "You have always...been close to me. It..it is time....to take..your own advice. Let..let me set" T'Challa said.

Ivani sniffed as tears clouded her eyes. "Don't set yet, let me get Shuri-" "Vani-" "Let me get Shuri!" Ivani cried before T'Challa closed his eyes.

Ramonda sniffed before crying. Ivani let go of T'Challa's hand looking at the scene before her. "No....no" She repeated walking backwards.

"Ivani-" "No" She said before leaving the room. She walked through the palace rushing to the office. The doors opened as Ivani found Shuri in front of the DNA vitals.

"Griot what are the vitals?" Shuri asked looking at Ivani. "0%" Griot asked. "No" "Shuri" Ivani walked over holding her arms out.

"No" Shuri said as tears clouded her eyes. "Shuri" Ivani repeated as Shuri fell in her arms. "No!"