They had the memorial and ceremony for T'Challa. Ivani was hurting but she had to comfort Shuri and Ramonda. As the year past one Ivani noticed how much Shuri was distracting herself in her work to avoid thinking of T'Challa.

Ivani walked in the lab finding Shuri where she always does. "My love" Ivani said. Shuri turned around to her. Her hair was now out and curly in a mohawk and Ivani adored it.

Ivani had her natural curls out as well but hers were down her back. "Hi" Ivani smiled as Shuri smiled back. "I thought I would miss you today" Ivani said.

"You always see me. Everyday" Shuri said turning to her design. "I thought today you would drown yourself in work and ignore me" Ivani said.

"Now why would I do that?" Shuri asked slightly offended. "What is today?" Ivani asked. "Tuesday" Shuri answered. Ivani nodded.

"The date Shuri" She said. "T'Challa's passing" Shuri said before turning around. "One year ago today" Ivani reminded.

Shuri sighed. "I did not come to remind you of the pain...I came to remind you of the life. I understand your pain and pressure but it is time to let go"

Ivani sighed as she looked down. "I miss you...and us" She said before looking back at Shuri. "I miss when we would talk about our problems instead of burying them-"

"I am not burying my problems Ivani. I had to bury my brother I do not want a reminder of that" Shuri shot. "I understand Shuri but-"

"Are you trying to disrupt my work?" Ivani sniffed and took a breath. "Your mother wishes to see you" Ivani started as she looked at Shuri.

"Just in case you forgot I know what it feels like to bury someone. You are not the only person who has lost someone and I understand the pain but you can not take that out on me"

Ivani walked away leaving Shuri to sigh.

"And then maybe we can put a darker stripe on the middle of the corset" Ivani was discussing with another scientist the design for her suit.

"And then we can-" "Hello Princess" Griot said. The scientist turned out. "Princess" "Can I have a moment with Ivani please" Shuri said.

The scientist nodded before leaving the room. "Your station is not over here" Ivani said. "This entire lab is my station" Shuri said.

"I'm sorry princess let me make it easier for you and expand it even more by moving" Ivani went to walk away but Shuri put an arm in front of her.

"I have something to show you" Shuri said. Ivani looked at her with crossed arms. "Follow me" Shuri said walking out of Ivani's lab.

Ivani sighed before following her girlfriend. The doors opened to Shuri's lab and Ivani's eyes went wide. "Where....where did you get this" Ivani asked walking to the detector.

"It was given to us last night by some man...an outsider" Shuri said and Ivani looked at her. "An outsid-"

Shuri grabbed Ivani's arm before walking to another room. "Shur-" Shuri put a finger to her lips as she closed the door.

"Shuri what outsider?" Ivani asked. "A man came to me and my mother last night. He told us to find a scientist and bring her to him and his people or there will be war on Wakanda"

Ivani's eyebrows furrowed. "What?" She asked. "There is vibranium in other places of the world and his people have it. The Americans have found it and are trying to take it"

"Vibranium in other places?" Ivani asked and Shuri nodded. Ivani bit her lip as she started thinking. She looked back at Shuri.

"I'm assuming there's a mission" Ivani said and Shuri smiled. "You read my mind" "Okay so me and Okoye will be back soon" Ivani said and Shuri put a hand in front of her to stop her.

"I'm coming too" Shuri said. Ivani looked at her. "Queen Mother accepted that?" Ivani asked. Shuri shrugged. Ivani opened the door before walking out.

"Griot" She said grabbing her beads. "Yes" "Sent my corset to my room. Have it arrive before I get there" Ivani said before walking out of the lab.

"On it now" Shuri smiled.

Ivani looked at the trees and touched some leaves as they waited for their friend. "Are you not used to nature?" Okoye said.

Ivani gave her a look. "No but where we live we never really get the chance to breathe and enjoy the trees or leaves Okoye" Ivani said with some sass.

Okoye rolled her eyes with a smile. "My brother always told me that when we were kids I was as delicate as a flower. I believe that's why I am very connected to nature" Ivani explained.

"Smart" Okoye said and Ivani smiled. Shuri looked at Ivani before they heard footsteps. Ivani backed into the trees as the scientist arrived.

"I should've known" He said. "Hello Colonizer" Shuri said. Ivani appeared behind him. "We need information" Ivani said and he turned around.

"Where did you come from?" He asked startled. "My mother's-""Ivani" Shuri said. Ivani shrugged with a smile. "Ivani" Okoye said. "Yes, yes I'm going" Ivani said before walking away to the street.

She looked around and waited. Ivani really did love the nature. The trees, leaves. air, the view. Wakanda was nice but being surrounded by technology all the time can be exhausting.

Ivani's beads beeped and Ivani began walking back. "Solved?" Ivani asked. "The scientist is a student at a college" Shuri said.

Ivani smiled and nodded. "Let's go hit this kid with her schoolbooks" Ivani joked. Okoye gave her a smile.