Chapter 33

COREY

"Sweet titty Tuesday, this shit is good." My beloved moaned, eyes rolling back into his skull in a dramatic display of enjoyment as he lifted the mug back to his soft, pink lips. "What the hell did you put in this today?!"

I gazed at him with a fixation that threatened to suck all of my attention away from the food that I was cooking on the hot stove in front of me. Jax's wild curls were tousled and sticking up adorably in a few places from our late-night activities, complementing the sleep that still clung to the corners of his eyes. He was sprawled out on a barstool on the other side of the giant island, and I stomped out an uncharacteristic ember of frustration at the expanse of marble countertop that separated us.

"Hazelnut creamer, vanilla, and half of a bag of sugar." I responded, my dramatic words not a far stretch from the truth.

Over the past few months of our relationship – ever since Jax fully let go of all of the qualms that once held him back from loving me – I'd learned so much about him. I ate up every detail I could discover, like how he preferred Crest over Colgate and how he adored scary movies even if he made me sleep on the side of the bed closest to the door for the next few days afterward. I even kept a running note on my phone of all of the little things he mentioned throughout the day, and I happily spent my free time memorizing lists of all of his favorite things.

And right atop that ever-growing list was very, very sweet coffee.

It made my teeth hurt whenever I mixed up the cavity-creating concoction for him every morning, but the way he melted into his chair and kicked his legs excitedly under the counter as he sipped the monstrosity made my heart much too soft to protest.

"Are you sure that's it?" Jax pouted as he peered over the rim of his mug expectantly, as if the ingredients would come to life and begin naming themselves.

"Yes."

"Dammit, I could have sworn that you snuck my favorite thing in here, but I guess not."

My ears perked up. "What is your favorite thing?" I flipped the bacon that sizzled the pan in front of me, fingers itching to grab my phone and jot this down.

Jax chuckled – the sound a chorus of bells to my insatiable ears – before leaning forward, resting his chin in a freckled palm. "You really don't know?"

He raised an inquisitive brow, the action partially obscured by an untamed brigade of curls, and I tilted my head in absence of the ability to raise a brow of my own.

"I really do not know." I confirmed. The phrase had become a staple part of my vocabulary over the past few weeks as I rebuilt my memory from the ground up. It was a frustrating, tedious, and somewhat... embarrassing process to figure out what my brain decided to hold onto versus what it chose to throw into the abyss.

At times I felt raw, excoriated to the bone by my sudden lack of knowledge about what should be my own home – my own pack. But through it all, Jax was my shining beacon, a lighthouse in the middle of the raging storm that had swept away so much of what I used to hold dear.

"Well then, allow me to enlighten you, sweet cheeks," I clenched my jaw as his words made my brain wander to the idea of his sweet cheeks, ones that had jiggled against me last night as my palm turned them a gorgeous shade of pink.

The mischievous smirk that pulled asymmetrically at Jax's pretty cheeks was a warning as to what was going to spout from his lips next. "...My favorite thing is your delicious, yummy, sticky, cu–"

"Beta Jax, we're ready!"

I reached down, adjusting my swelling cock as a jumble of Omegas filed into the far side of the room, but even then my hooded eyes refused to leave the entrancing man in front of me.