Chapter 15

Jax

"I should have known that all of this was just a ploy for you to get your slimy little hands in my pants!" I shouted, pressure rising in my chest as I stared daggers at the large man who sat in front of me on my bed. There were many other emotions swirling around in my chest that were - as usual - basically impossible for me to decipher, however I was able to discern at least one among the chaos.

Anger. 

The emotion surged inside of me unexpectedly, like someone stomped on the flickering ember that once was the pleasant feeling of contentment that I began to feel with my mate yesterday, when we were wrapped up tight in each other's arms in the middle of the woods. 

"Fuck this, go find some dumb twink that's willing to play your games, because I sure as hell won't." I hastily went to stand and leave the room, however as soon as I moved to do so, a large - and devastatingly familiar - hand wrapped tenderly around my left wrist. 

His touch - although incredibly gentle and simple - sent a massive ripple of sparks up my fingertips, across my muscle fibers and straight into the sensitive base of my spine, immediately halting my movements.

Ever since the tumultuous events of the day prior, Corey's touch had been affecting me differently. 

Although it still sent tingles along the surface of my skin, the feeling had seemingly amplified tenfold over the past twenty-four hours that we'd spent together, my heartbeat quickening exponentially each and every time we made even the slightest of contact. I felt somewhat raw and... vulnerable when we weren't touching. It was almost as if his presence was the final piece of me that I needed to function, filling a void that I had gotten all too used to compensating for by myself. 

I would be lying if I said it was anything short of fucking terrifying, but that anxious feeling was quelled as I was somewhat comforted by the calming sensation that traveled across every synapse in my body. After a few moments, my nervous system never failed to become overwhelmed with all that was Corey

There was no denying our connection at this point, I had at least accepted that much. 

...But that didn't mean I was going to just roll over and become some little obedient bitch.

"Jax, please do not leave. That was not my intention at all." Corey breathed, his words laced with the same undertone of sincerity that they always carried. 

His velvety, deep voice made tiny butterflies erupt in my stomach and Luka (A.K.A. The Little Slut) whine wantonly in the back of my mind. I could feel my mate's eyes on me as I glared at the wall, clicking my jaw back and forth and using every living ounce of my strength to keep my signature word vomit from tumbling out like it always does, making me say something that I was sure to regret later. 

I was trying my best to drop that bad habit. 

That's character development, people.

Surprisingly, after a few deep breaths and a couple more moments of allowing the tingles that sparked between Corey and I to calm my impulsive urges, I finally turned to face my mate. With a silent nod of my head, I acquiescently gave my permission for him to continue explaining just what the fuck he meant by what he had suggested a few minutes prior.