Chapter 2

Ortiz

A/N: If you haven't read the Holiday Special that I added recently in Torn, I would suggest reading it! It gives some insight into what's to come in this book!

I could only scowl at the wall in anger at what I'd done last night. I forced myself not to bite off the heavy arm that rested around my waist - attached to the one person I simultaneously ached to punch in the face and have sex with. For the umpteenth time, I'd let this stupid mating bond overpower my willpower.

As the after-scent of our vigorous mating wafted through the air, I bit my lip to keep myself from screaming out at how badly I was losing this bet. I was always one to take a challenge seriously, but for some reason Corey was my only weakness when it came to upholding any of my decisions. With a twitch of his ever-emotionless face, he could change my entire course of thought, but of course I'd never let him know that. Who knows how he'd try and manipulate that information.

I was hyper-aware of the hard body which held me into it's sharp curvatures. Corey's grip wasn't ridiculously tight, but it was strong enough that if I moved at all, he'd definitely be able to tell (I wouldn't be surprised if the bastard specifically planned it out that way). However, the throbbing in my ass wasn't subsiding as quickly as I'd hoped, and the thought of popping a few painkillers and speeding up the healing process with a hot bath was steadily getting more appealing as the seconds passed.

Plus, if I went back to sleep, I might wake up to Corey hovering above me to ask for yet another round - and something tells me that this mating bond would inevitably make me end up giving in to the damn bastard.

On top of all of this, the top members of the pack (including Corey and I) had a meeting today, so getting up was inevitable.

With my firm decision, I began to gently wriggle my way out of Corey's arms, careful not to jostle him to the point of waking up. I cautiously slipped my fingers around his wrist, sliding it off of my bare waist at a snail's pace, but the moment I felt his finger twitch, I knew it was all over. His hand grabbed mine at lightning speed as he pulled me back into his body - destroying any progress I'd just made.

Fuck, this man was the lightest sleeper I've ever encountered.

"Where are you going?" Corey inquired calmly. The ridiculously deep bass of his voice vibrated against my back and rang as clear as day, the only indication that he'd been sleeping being a slight huskiness that sent involuntary shivers down to my toes. My eyes widened at his sudden alertness, and I cursed under my breath at his level of awareness.

I should've known, warriors are trained to be awake in a moment's notice in case of a sudden attack on the pack. Seeing as to how I was literally in bed with the head warrior, of course he would be the perfect example of that annoying ass trait.

"You're not my dad, I don't have to tell you everywhere I'm going." I snapped back, scowling back at him before wrenching myself from his hold. At that moment, I was so riled up that I didn't even care that I was buck naked as I stalked off to the bathroom. I could only wince as I took step after step, pain penetrating deep into my ass caused by Corey's ridiculously huge dick.

Seriously, what the fuck? Who even needs a dick that big? That thing could literally kill someone. I don't understand how that little pink-haired pack medic deals with his mate Tank, that dude was probably even bigger than Corey. I bet he used to walk differently before he met him.