Her Knight

He put her down from his shoulders at the moment he felt they are far away from danger. She was shaking so much but that did not hold her back to yell for him to put her down.

"Are you alright, Princess?" Harwin lowered his head and looked at her with that charming smile. She slowly raised her eyes at him and a moment passed in silence but that moment was enough for him to lost in those eyes... even if he knew it was already settled and it is not him who will marry her. Rhaenyra was the one who broke eye contact.
"I've told you to put me down." She hissed "What did you think?" She rolled her eyes and wanted to leave him but he stepped in her way.
.
.
"I am the heir. How dare..." she used her most confident tone.
"And exactly that is the reason why I can't let you go back." He leaned a bit closer to her. "Especially because your knight started the whole mess." He pulled a face. "Wondering what was his reason for it? He should defend you ... not..." He lowered his voice and looked around. A big sigh left his mouth. He was nervous and it seemed he cared about her.

"Ser Laenor." Rhaenyra turned back and forth. "He..." she narrowed her eyes.
"He is fine." Harwin kept his eyes on the corridor to see if any danger is coming after the princess or not. "It was not against him more against his lover." He did not pay attention to his words when he heard some noises. He pulled Rhaenyra behind the columns. He protected her with his whole body and when the steps moved away he looked down at her again. She was staring at him questioningly. He noticed at that moment what he just said. "Ahm... " he took a step back. "My apologies Princess. I shouldn't..." he cleared his throat.
.
.
"How..." Rhaenyra wondered.
"You were dancing with me all night long. Not with him. Close enough to him to not make it obvious but..." he smiled a bit "I realized soon enough what you were trying to hide." Harwin was lost in her eyes again and those eyes were filled with tears.
"Your words are quite close to calling that treason." Rhaenyra tried to show her power again.
"If honesty is treason then I am guilty. I admit it." He shrugged and he wished... many things in his mind... many many things.