Did you regret it?

"I should leave. The sun is coming up." He whispered to her and slowly started to get up. He did not want to. He wanted to spend the whole day with his love but that was not allowed. Not for them. Maybe if they had a chance before her wedding... maybe she would have chosen him as her husband. Now they only have those secret nights. Those forbidden kisses. Those passionate moments. The minute he sat on the edge of the bed she jumped next to him and placed her arms around his neck.

"Princess" he sighed and raised his eyes at her beautiful face. Her eyes were shining and her smile ... that was the most amazing thing he ever saw in his life. "I have to go." He whispered to her mouth and they exchanged a kiss.

"What if I command you to stay?" Rhaenyra bit her lower lip with a kinky little grin. "Would you say no to your princess?" She raised her brow.
"I'd do everything that my princess commands. I'd never break the oath that I've made to you months ago. You know that." Harwin made it clear and kept eye contact "but probably I'd die sooner... because if they find me here." He tried to joke with a funny facial expression. "I don't think your father would spare my life." He sighed and kissed her again.

"Did you regret it?" She narrowed her eyes.
"Regret what?" Harwin shrugged.
"Ahm... that you chose to be with me." She sighed. "I know ... I can imagine how hard it must be for you and I..." she tried to express her thoughts.

Harwin quickly placed his hands on her cheek and put one of his fingers to her lips.

"You are everything that I need. Everything that I ever want. No matter I can only get a moment with you or a... or a lifetime. It was worth it. You are worth it. I... I am yours." He would never change a moment that he can spend with her. That one thing was sure. Another kiss followed his words and he knew he have to leave. The sun was already up. Harwin took a deep breath and stood up but Rhaenyra pulled him back to her embrace once more and hold him so close.

"I love you." That was the first time she said it. That was the first time she said those three important words. He only could hope she feels the same way. But now. He knew...