Promises

Rhaenyra was lying on the bed with her newborn son in her arms. She sent everyone away. She knew he couldn't wait to see his firstborn son and he can't come inside until the others are around. She was staring at the little boy in her arm and couldn't stop smiling. It was a miracle. He was a miracle.

The door slowly opened and she did not have to look up because she knew. She knew his steps. She knew his moves. She knew the noises he makes... Ser Harwin did not say a word just walked to his family and knelt next to them.

"Jacaerys." Rhaenyra slowly turned the baby to him. "This is ..." she stopped and bit her lower lip. Someday she has to explain to her son the whole situation but not now. Not at that moment. At that moment she just wanted to enjoy that normal minute of her life. With her son and with the man who created that tiny miracle with her. "He is Ser Harwin Strong." She continued quietly. "Your father." She slowly looked into Harwin's eyes.

"The man who made me a promise and the man whom I trust with my whole heart," Rhaenyra whispered. "The man who stole my heart and made my dreams come true and he did everything to keep his promise. Every day when he could." She laughed quietly.
.
"And I'd do it anytime again," Harwin answered and slowly placed his hand on his son's body. Caressed his tiny belly.
"I don't doubt that Ser Harwin but you have to wait with that." She joked with him. "My body is not ready for another miracle." She teased him. "Yet," Nyra added quietly with a small grin and turned back to her son. "He has... strong genes it seems." She caressed the baby's face and looked into her eyes. The eyes resemble his father's eyes so much. They both knew that will cause trouble. If the baby is going to look like a Strong... it will cause a huge mess but they did not care about it. Not that day. Not at that moment. Not when they can be together.

"Jacaerys" Harwin repeated the baby's name. "Jace" he immediately figured out a shorter one and leaned over to give a kiss on his forehead. "My little Jace. Here's another promise. A quite different than I made for your mother." He joked too. "I am going to take care of you until my last breath"