Wishes

He escorted her to her chamber as his father wished. Seeing her that hurt and dissapointed broke his heart and he wanted nothing else just to reassure her everything is going to be right. Even after what Ser Criston did with Joffrey.
"Lord Lyonel said when the throne room is empty ... " Harwin cleared his throat "we... they hold the wedding ceremony." He hated to say it out loud. He hated the whole thing. He wanted to grab her, raise her again and just disappear with her. Save her from this mess. But he also knew she is not that woman. "Until then you should stay here." He continued and after a second she nodded.

"Thank you Ser Harwin." She turned away from him and her eyes stopped on the secret door that Daemon showed her. "You better wait outside." She added quickly and glanced at him above her shoulder.
.
"I'd like to stay, Princess." He was so definite. "Or If you are planning an escape through that secret door then I'd rather help." He stepped closer to her and she did not expect him to be that close when she turned back. He was so protective towards her. At that moment she was the one who lost a bit in his gaze.

"I ... " she wanted to ask how he knows about that secret passage but that doesn't matter at that moment. "I can't." She finished the sentence. "I can't run away. I am the crown. And... I have to do what the realm requires." Rhaenyra's lips were trembling a bit.
.
"Probably that is too little for you Princess ... but you can count on me. You have my support. Wish I can offer more but...." He stopped and bowed his head. "I'd never betray you. That is all I can promise" Harwin smiled at her and finally a small little smile appeared on her face too.
"That is more than you think, Ser Harwin," Rhaenyra whispered her answer.

"I could have proposed to you more earlier but I am not sure you'd have accepted it. Neither your father." A resigned sigh left his mouth. That was the moment when Rhaenyra Targaryen realized the right man for her was right in front of her eyes... and she missed noticing him.

"I wish I could make that decision." She answered so quietly, turned away from him, walked further... and their mind was racing...