Chapter 5

I want to, once again, thank y'all for the amazing support you've been given me! And thank you Mewtwo150 for beta reading my story. You're awesome!

"Hey, Ames! Hey, Cream! What- what are you doing here? It's already so late!" Sonic said, desperately trying to hide how nervous he was.

If Amy knew he was hanging out with his metal double, she would totally freak out. Honestly, he couldn't blame her. Having a robot kidnap you at such a young age is traumatizing, after all. Even if Sonic explained everything to Amy, she might not even believe him. Cream would be more open to it, but only because she's young and naïve.

"I was going to ask you the same thing! I'm walking Cream home, and you?" Amy asked.

'Good', Sonic thought, 'It doesn't seem like they noticed us.'

Sonic responded, putting aside the slight guilt Metal suddenly felt for kidnapping Amy. "I was just running around. Tails had gone to bed, and I was bored, so I decided to enjoy myself a little. Y'know, have some fun!" Sonic said with a joyful tone.

"You must've been running pretty fast, Mr. Sonic. It seemed like there were two of you!" Cream said, totally oblivious to what had actually happened.

"I guess you could say that", Sonic said, laughing nervously. He really hoped Amy wouldn't become suspicious.

"I've never seen you run that fast before", Amy said with a somewhat thoughtful and surprised expression. "If you want, we could bring Cream to her house."

Sonic felt relief coming from Metal. The distinct words 'she doesn't suspect anything' also flashed through Sonic's mind.

Sonic would love to be with Amy. But he wasn't about to abandon Metal. So, he did his best to think of a decent excuse. "I would really like that! But...I didn't sleep that well yesterday, and I need to wake up early, too." Amy and Cream both looked a bit disappointed. "Sorry, Ames. Sorry, Cream. I've gotta go!"

Sonic then took off to a place where he would no longer be noticed but was still not far from Metal.

After Amy and Cream left, Sonic and Metal got out of their hiding spots.

"That was a close one, Bud. We need to be more careful." Sonic said.

"Since when do you care about being careful?" Metal asked, puzzled. Sonic never cared about being careful. He was quite careless, actually. He was only cautious when he had to be, and his friends persuaded him to be careful.

"I'm always careful!" Sonic chuckled and laughed slightly. Metal would've raised an eyebrow at his response if he had one.

"You told me being careful was boring, and that was a week ago!"

"I know, I know, I do think it's boring, but we can't get caught!" Sonic said in a more serious tone.

Metal couldn't help but "make a joke". At least, that was how Sonic and Mobians said it. While capable of understanding and enjoying them, he wasn't built to make jokes. So he had been learning how to make them.

"You've sure changed a lot since one week ago. I can already see the grey quills!" Sonic could feel that Metal hoped he had done a good job of producing "a funny joke".

Sonic started laughing and felt, through his "body", Metal's satisfaction and happiness from the success of his joke.

"Oh, shut up!" Sonic replied half-heartedly, still laughing. "Since when do you know how to make jokes?"