Chapter 10

Long time no see! (At least, on this fanfic hahaha)

First of all, I wanted to thank you for all the support you've been giving me! This fic has more 2600 views!
I never thought my fanfic would have so much 'sucess'. I really appreciate it :)

Also, this chapter took more time than I thought because of school and, also, because I started a new fanfic (and also some mild loss of motivation lol)

Still, I hope y'all enjoy this chapter :)

Metal watched Sonic and Tails leave in a hurry. Eggman was attacking again, which was quite strange. They had destroyed his new base precisely 10 hours ago. Metal was certain that this attack would be something big. It had to be.

He stayed at Soni- their- house (Sonic kept insisting that it was Metal's house, too) for a while, thinking as little as he could, until he felt Sonic's connection with him weaken (since Sonic had just arrived at Station Square) and Sonic getting more distracted with Eggman attacking. Finally, Metal could go to Station Square. Obviously, Metal knew why he couldn't come with them. However, Metal, from all of the years he spent with Eggman, knew that it was very likely that Eggman was planning something big. So, Metal had to watch from the sidelines. And, in case something were to happen, he could help. Of course, that would totally blow their secret, and it was likely that it wouldn't end well. But, after everything he had done, it was the least he could do.

Obviously, if Sonic and Tails knew what Metal was about to do, they would probably try to convince him to stay in their home. Thankfully, they didn't know, so Metal went, as fast as he could, to Station Square.

Once Metal arrived at Station Square, all he could see was chaos and destruction everywhere. Vehicles were smashed, buildings were on fire, smoke and debris were filling the air, and badnicks had been destroyed. The city was a big mess. Metal had been right after all, he wasn't even where Sonic, Tails, and his friends were, and the city looked like it would need some major reconstruction after the whole attack. In the midst of all this chaos, some Mobians (who were hiding) were looking at him with fear in their eyes.

'Metal, what are you doing here?' Sonic asked mentally.

Metal sensed that Sonic was somewhat confused at his sudden presence in the city but still very distracted by Eggman's attack.

'Clearly this Eggman attack is a big one, so I'm here to help, in case things get... complicated.'

'But if you do that, the whole-'

'That's a risk I'm willing to take.' Metal answered, interrupting Sonic.

Sonic paused for a moment to process what Metal had said. Eventually, Sonic understood (from his mental link) that Metal was being sincere and why Metal was doing this.

'Alright.' Sonic sighed—as much as you could mentally, that is.

As Metal got closer to the intense battle, hidden behind a wall, he noticed a robot that looked very much like him. That had to be Metal Sonic 2.0 Sonic had been thinking about. So that was why Eggman had abandoned him all of a sudden. He had been creating a robotic copy of him. Metal, however, did wonder if this Metal Sonic was sentient like him. If he was, it would mak-