Chapter 6

Hewoooo! It's been a while, hasn't it?

In all fairness, I thought I would finish this chapter even later. But I got sick (Actually I have been sick for like- A month. (?) And got better and worse four times, I think) and went to the hospital (also again lol), so I had plenty of time to finish writing it. In a more positive note, though, I'm almost finished with all my tests of the 1st semester, and I had good grades. So that's nice.

I know it's going to be a bit random but if y'all have any kind of constructive criticism, just tell me. As you already know, this is my first fanfic and I appreciate all the help I can get.

But enough talking about me! Hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

After all these weeks, Tails was still getting used to living with Metal. It still felt sort of surreal that their ex-enemy was living with them.

Tails recalled (with great clarity) his shock when his brother begged him to repair Metal and the disclosure of his shared mental bond with his metallic counterpart. Tails had previously read about connections like these and believed they could exist, even if some scientists disagreed. However, he never anticipated finding anyone with it, much less his brother and Metal. He never thought it would be possible for a robot to have it. Although, he had to admit he felt a little upset that Sonic hid something from him. Tails understood that Sonic was afraid of how he, or anyone, really, would react. After all, it wasn't every day that someone had a mental connection with their metallic double.

During these weeks, Tails took the opportunity to ask Metal and Sonic about their mental link: how it felt, how it affected them, and all that jazz. Since Tails never thought he would interact with someone who had it, he asked everything he wanted to know.

Tails also took notice of how intrigued Metal was with organic life. He had constantly been asking Sonic and, sometimes, Tails about things Mobians did he that didn't comprehend or know. In fact, getting to know Metal has been a very intriguing experience for Tails. He never thought Eggman had made Metal so "Mobian-like". He supposed Eggman had hidden that fact from them. Or maybe Metal had developed it on his own? Now that Tails thought about it, Sonic did mention that Metal always had feelings, but was Metal so "Mobian-like" back then? He probably should just ask Metal or Sonic about it.

Metal also helped with the chores and even with Tails' projects. Metal helped Eggman build whatever badnick or machine he was working on. Tails couldn't deny how cool it was to have someone who understood what he said, even if Metal didn't have the passion for it (like he did).

Besides, as Sonic had told him, 'It helps you stop overworking yourself, Bud'.

Tails supposed it was working. Metal sometimes even offered to finish the work Tails was doing, so he wouldn't overwork himself. Tails really appreciated it. After all, it wasn't his fault that a specific line of code wasn't working, no matter what changes he made!

Maybe it was, but he still had to figure out how to fix it! That was when Metal, generally, stepped in and tried to find the solution. He couldn't always do it, but it was enough for Tails to go to bed and stop working himself up. For a killing machine, Tails thought Metal was very nice and, surprisingly, caring. Tails supposed that came from fixing him and Eggman not controlling him anymore.

Speaking of Metal, he was currently helping Tails repair Sonic's watch. Sonic apparently put so much effort into beating Metal last night that he ran into a wall and smashed his watch. Sonic was fine, thankfully, and still won, apparently. He kept bringing it up throughout breakfast, so Tails was very aware of it. After breakfast, Sonic went to the grocer's to buy some food, so, Tails and Metal were the only ones home.