Chapter 8

Hello!

I kept my 'promise' (it wasn't really a promise, but ok) and came back with a new chapter before February! And without sacrificing my school life and daily life, so that's nice :3

I'm gonna try and deliever at least a new chapter every month. If I didn't have school, right now, I would probably be updating once every two weeks. In fact, I would've already finished this story, as well! Still, thanks for being patient. I'm also a bit of a slow writer. So that doesn't really help, either.

But enough about all of that, hope y'all enjoy this chapter!

(This chapter wasn't beta read, either)

Finally, after all these years and numerous humiliating defeats, I'm going to win!

"With this new invention, I'm finally going to beat Sonic!" Eggman exclaimed excitedly at the prospect of his future. The Eggman Empire would finally conquer the world!

Cubot suddenly spoke up, interrupting Eggman's thoughts.

"Sir! Sonic is infiltrating your base! He's going to destroy the base!"

"That's exactly what we want him to think, you idiot! With this new robot, I'm going to defeat Sonic once and for all!" He answered proudly. This battle was going to be just like a game. But this time he was going to win!

Eventually, that blue rat and his annoying friends arrived exactly where Eggman wanted them to. Eggman could see in Sonic's face that he thought this was going to be like any other battle... How wrong he was! None of them could even imagine what Eggman had created!

As Eggman was going to reveal his surprise, he heard Cubot... shouting? What was that idiot doing? Eggman couldn't comprehend what he was trying to say, nor did he want to. This was his chance to finally destroy Sonic and his pesty friends! Suddenly, as he was attempting to silence Cubot...

"...was destroyed!" Cubot shouted again, finally waking Eggman up. Eggman looked at the clock lying right beside his bed.

6:00 AM

Eggman found himself getting increasingly angry. What made Cubot wake him up, screaming, at this hour? He was having such a good dream, too!

"I wake up at 8:00 AM, you idiot!" Eggman said grumpily, he hated being awakened, especially at such an early hour.

"But sir, our new base was destroyed!" Cubot said apprehensively.

"What?!" Eggman was enraged, making Cubot slightly startled. "How did Sonic find our base?!"

"I-I don't know, Sir! I just got turned on by an alert about the base blowing up."

"Whatever!" Eggman exclaimed, putting his hand up dismissively, and then continued, "Let's just check the camera footage outside the base to see how badly it got damaged."

As Orbot joined Eggman and Cubot, Eggman, now, somewhat calmer, began wondering how Sonic found his new base. In fact, why did he attack it so early in the morning? It wasn't Sonic's style to do that. Eggman, as he started looking at the footage, found that it didn't matter much anyway. He had one thing up his sleeve, after all. He h- Was that Metal... with that blue rat? Eggman's face got filled with a tremendous amount of confusion.