Chapter 7

Hey everyone! A month sure goes fast, doesn't it?

Sorry for keeping you all waiting. But I do have my reasons for taking so long to write this chapter. Firstly, by the end of the first semester (of school), I was a bit exhausted because of the chaotic test schedule I had. So I had to rest a little bit. Also, I had been writing a one-shot called , which took some of my time as well. 

But, oh well, I hope y'all enjoy this new chapter. It's a little bit longer than usual!

(This chapter wasn't proofreaded by my beta reader, Mewtwo150. He's been busy with school exams.)

'Why is Tails taking so long?' Metal thought rather annoyingly.

He was only able to see processors, motherboards, memory rams, and all kind of left-over technology Tails had. He was in a literal rectangle of boxes with all kinds of tech. Metal was surprised at how much stuff he could keep in his relatively small workshop. However, he was more surprised at how much time Tails was taking. He had been outside with Amy for 40 minutes. Metal, supposed, it must've been for a good reason. But he still couldn't help but be rather annoyed by it.

All the technology Metal was seeing made him reminiscent of his time with Eggman. How his lab was filled with similar tech, how he would be helping him, how he had betrayed- Metal shook his head- he really had to stop thinking about him. It was in these moments that he wished he could be Mobian. At least, as time rolls by, memories become more distant. Robots didn't have that luxury. Nevertheless, he had to stop thinking about Eggman, it wasn't worth it to think of someone who abandoned him like that.

"You good, Metal?", Sonic asked mentally, disrupting Metal's thoughts, "You are kind of impatient... Did something happen?"

"Finally, someone is back..." Metal could feel Sonic's confusion at his sassy mark.

"What do you mean, Bud?"

Metal began telling Sonic that Tails went outside to talk to Amy, left him hidden and alone for 40 minutes, and then discovered that Tails and Amy were no longer outdoors. This annoyed Metal immensely and made Sonic chuckle.

As Sonic entered his (and Tails') house with the groceries, their mental conversation got cut off by Amy and Tails. Apparently, Amy had been suspicious all along. It had completely caught Metal (and Sonic) off guard. Metal couldn't get all the details (Sonic's thoughts could only go so far, after all), but Sonic felt guilty. Very guilty.

Something about Sonic being sad made Metal sad. Sonic's mood seemed to rub off on him so easily. In fact, he could recall countless occasions when Sonic's emotions had affected him, but he could also recall occasions when he had rubbed off on Sonic. Their mental link, which could be classified as telepathy according to his sources, was so odd. He never understood how he... just... always had a mental connection with Sonic. It wasn't like Eggman had made him have one. Or Tails made them mentally connect in some way. He supposed Sonic was right- some things couldn't be explained.

Thankfully, Sonic's guilt was eventually replaced by relief. It seemed that they were able to amend everything.

Once Amy got out of the house, Metal was finally able to get out of that tiny rectangular space.

"Sorry for leaving you alone, Metal...", Tails apologized embarrassedly, while ruffling his own fur, "I had no idea how much time had passed!"

While Metal couldn't tell if the brilliant fox was being sincere (as he could with Sonic), it appeared that Tails was being honest. The Blue Blur felt the same way, too.