Chapter 9: Pick One

I thought we were going to his office, but to my great surprise, we had a different destination. The place where the Duke of Perdia stopped was in front of his private bedroom.

'Why did we come here?' I questioned in my head.

Ever since my mother brought me to Perdia, I grew up in an annex.

There had never been any noticeable discrimination, such as barring access to the main building, but there were some spaces that could not be entered.

The first was the Duchess's greenhouse, the second was the basement of the mansion where Perdia sealed off gluttony from the seven deadly sins, and the third was the Duke's bedroom.

When I only thought that I was an illegitimate child, I didn't even dare to approach him because the Duke was so indifferent.

And now that I know I'm not even his daughter, I had to try even harder to keep my distance from the Duke.

The Duke opened the bedroom door without hesitation and went inside.

I hesitated, not knowing what to do. The Duke looked back at me.

"Come in."

"Yes......!"

I hurried into the bedroom and closed the door.

The Duke's bedroom, which I saw for the first time since I was born, was a room with a heavy atmosphere that matched the man well.

The bedroom itself was spacious, but the furniture was also very minimalist, which made it look even more spacious.

Even though it was still daytime, most of the windows had thick curtains, so the only window letting in sunlight was a small one.

It was a bedroom that was very much like the Duke himself.

I was looking around the room to the point where I don't think that it's considered polite, when suddenly the Duke started taking off his shirt.

I stifled the urge to say 'Oh my' out loud and simply thought it instead.

I slowly averted my eyes. It looked like he was about to change his clothes because blood was splattered on them from when he interrogated the aide.

'What a nice body.'

The muscles of his body could not be thought of as the body of a father of two grown sons; it was like a work of art. As he reached a certain level of swordsmanship, his aging of the body became slower, and his appearance was stopped in his twenties. In short, he did not look like a child's father

'This is why there are so many wives who admire the Duke of Perdia.'

I could fully understand that feeling.

There were countless large and small scars on his upper body.

It was a side that showed that the power of the shadows went through countless hardships in order to solidify the position as the head of the Perdia family.

I waited for the Duke to finish changing his clothes.

The Duke tossed his bloody sword onto the pile of discarded clothes and looked at me.

"Sit down."

As I sat down on the sofa awkwardly, the Duke sat across from me.

As he sat down, he brought up the subject right away.

"How did you know?"

It was a question that had neither a subject nor an object, but it was not difficult to understand what was being asked.