Chapter 26: My Fiancee Cheated On Me

As soon as I entered the hall, I felt uncomfortable from the attendees looking at me so openly.

That wasn't all. Gossip was heard everywhere.

I was unfortunately used to this noisy atmosphere.

It was a response that always followed when I appeared in front of people.

It was Perdia, one of the four major families. On top of that, it was the immaculate Duke of Perdia leading that great family, the Duchess, being the best poisoner, and their two sons, who had inherited the family power.

Moreover, Jansi and Carlot boasted of their parents' good looks. Anyone could see that they were the direct descendants of Perdia.

Everyone looked forward to meeting Perdia and envied them.

It was a perfect family indeed.

On the other hand, I was, for example, some kind of being caught between them.

A foreign object, a blemish, a flaw, the ugly duckling.....

I'd actually heard all of these things, but now I didn't feel particularly hurt by them.

I raised my head and made eye contact with Raeyan.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"No, it's just that I hated crowded places."

Perhaps the reason why the buzz was louder today was because of the appearance of Raeyan.

Entering together as partners was enough because the collusion between the Earth Hawk Mercenary Corps and the Perdia family would have been known.

For the rest of this banquet, what I would do had already been decided.

'I'll stick to the wall. Like interior decoration.'

Just like I had always done.

It wasn't just when I entered alone, but even if I attended with the first prince, I was always alone because he quickly disappeared to talk with someone else.

I used to stand in a place out of sight of people and wait for the time to pass, but there were always young aristocrats who would get drunk and pursue me.

I endured it a few times, and I hit back with words a few times, but that didn't work at all. So, at one point, whenever someone flirted with me, I tore off their hair – since then, they hadn't approached me.

'Thanks to them, I got the nickname "Perdia's Rogue".'

It was a nickname I liked quite a lot because it sounded strong.

Naturally, I was going to sip a drink today, but there was an unexpected variable.

I couldn't help but think I would be less bored with Raeyan by my side.

I looked closely at Raeyan, who was escorting me.

Prepared for today's banquet, Raeyan in a dark uniform looked more handsome than usual; perhaps it was thanks to the reflected chandelier light.

Raeyan, who felt my gaze, asked hesitantly.

"....Why are you looking at me?"

"Because you're handsome."

"......."

"I'm serious."

"Don't you usually say it's a joke in these types of situations?"

"But you are handsome."

His appearance was close to my taste. Especially those red eyes that seem to have a story hiding in them.