Chapter 17: Jansi's Real Face

The capital mansion of Angellus.

An aide from the Duke of Angellus entered the office.

The duke, who took off his glasses and put them down on the desk, asked the aide, "So, did you find out?"

"Yes, Your Excellency. This is information I heard from the spies planted in Perdia."

'Who is the main player who led the Perdias to victory in the military supply incident?'

"Okay. Who is it?"

The aide hesitated at the duke's question before answering, "The youngest daughter of the Duke of Perdia, Elodie Perdia."

"What?" Duke Angellus frowned.

'Elodie Perdia?'

It was an unfamiliar name. It felt like it would get stuck on his tongue, perhaps because it was rare that it would come out of his mouth. Then, he finally remembered the child's existence.

Surely Sylvester Perdia had a youngest daughter. An illegitimate child that was born outside the estate.

She was famous for her beautiful and angelic appearance, but it's been said that there were no people around her due to her unbecoming and violent personality.

So Duke Angellus was not interested in Perdia's youngest daughter.

'I thought it was an excuse and a means to collude with the first prince.'

If she was just a troublemaker for the family and a young lady with a bad personality, she was not worth caring about.

In addition, it was known that even if she came from one of the four major families, she didn't have any power. How incompetent she was.

Power was the blessing of God.

But it was difficult to tolerate her standing out in such an unexpected place because he was a principled man who could not stand exceptional circumstances.

"This is Perdia's true appearance?"

Even a half-blood was still their blood.

It was then. Bizarre thoughts ran through his head.

'Isn't it easy to remove a Perdia, who can't even use her power?'

The reason why the prince and Perdia formed an alliance was engagement.

However, if Elodie died, the external justification would disappear.

It wouldn't break their alliance for certain, but it would be enough if any cracks could arise.

In the first place, the Duke of Angellus did not value the existence of Elodie very much. The Duke of Angellus raised the corners of his mouth and put on his glasses again.

"I'll have to trample the buds."

So that they never sprout.

***

Once every three years, the night of the lunar eclipse – when the moon is consumed by darkness – would come to earth.

The night of the lunar eclipse was the time when the power of Irkala, the goddess of the underworld, grew stronger.

As the sun slipped completely over the horizon and night fell, the protection of the goddess Ishtar could not reach the ground that cried out without a single drop of moonlight. Because of that, the four major families and members of the imperial family could not easily control their powers.

In particular, when it had not been long since the power had awakened, the younger the age or the further the ability was beyond the individual's control, the higher the difficulty level would be to control it during the eclipse.