Chapter 29: Defeat The Angellus Mother And Daughter

'.....daughter?!'

Of course she would say that, because we were in front of people from outside the family, but I was still so surprised that I thought my heart was going to drop into my stomach.

I knew that she didn't mean it, but just hearing the word daughter was enough to make my heart race.

'I shouldn't get it wrong.'

I noticed that the Angellus mother and daughter's gazes were on me, so I quickly managed my expression.

I smiled brightly at Themis, as if we were really friendly.

Dolcinia's lips slightly moved at Elodie's treatment, which was different from rumors.

'Ha, it's ugly anyway,' Dolcinia thought snidely.

The appearance of Themis and Elodie, a mother and daughter who were seemingly friendly with each other, made Dolcinia not want to be there any longer.

She came all the way here because of her daughter Dorothea, but she ended up getting nothing. Far from repaying an insult, she felt rather dirty.

Dolcinia and Dorothea rose from their seats and bid the Perdias farewell.

"We received an apology, so we should go now. See you next time, Themis. And miss Elodie."

"It was a pleasant teatime, Duchess Perdia. Take care.... Elodie," Dorothea squeezed out the last word with only the slightest hint of resentment.

"Yes, both of you go take care," Themis said, seeing the two of them off while sitting.

Angellus's mother and daughter turned around with reluctant faces and started walking.

"That direction....."

I unknowingly tried to get up, but Themis stopped me.

"Leave them alone."

I nodded obediently. "Yes."

The direction Duchess Angellus and her daughter were heading in was towards a colony of poisonous plants that caused rashes with their pollen.

If you took a deep breath there, you'd wake up with skin problems for a while.

When they entered the greenhouse, they were guided by an attendant, but there was no one to guide them on the way out.

'As expected Duchess, you're finishing them off with a bang.'

I admired Themis's ruthless and clean handling of the uninvited guest and took it to heart.

'I have to learn!'

My respect grew rapidly. The way she laughed and chewed it no matter what she heard was impressive.

I blinked in realization and turned to Themis.

"I'm sorry for today, Duchess."

"Why are you apologizing, Elodie?"

"Because Dorothea came because I acted wrongly."

I didn't mean to, but I unintentionally provided an excuse.

Technically speaking it was Raeyan, who provoked Dorothea Angellus, but it was my own judgment that did not stop him.

But Themis shook her head firmly.

"Even if that's the case, I've been so bored. This made things fun after a long time. Isn't it funny that they stormed in triumphantly, as if they had a huge weapon, and then were kicked out without saying much?"