4: TYSON PLAYS WITH FIRE

"Yeah but, he's already done that once in this book and seemed no worse for wear," Will reminded Percy before he could get too worked up with worry again, not that he really had back in his school. Percy definitely seemed to have some instinct about Tyson.

"Kind of catchy though, Tyson the guy on fire," Alex said in a flashy tone of voice.

"You and my mom can start a book club," Percy snorted.

"Percy, a book club isn't-" but Magnus stopped himself and shook his head as Alex looked way to excited about the prospect.

...if there's anything I hate worse than trios of old ladies, it's bulls.

"Ironic since your dad loves them," Will pointed out.

"He can deal with all of them from now on then," Percy huffed.

...I fought the Minotaur on top of Half-Blood Hill. Now it was even worse: two bulls.

"Be grateful it wasn't three?" Jason offered.

"Thanks," Percy snorted.

...metal bulls weren't bad enough. Naturally they had to breathe fire, too.

"There is way to much fire going on in this book," Magnus frowned.

"I'm sure the monsters will tone it down and switch to cotton balls if we ask nicely," Percy sighed.

... the ten heroes in battle armor were getting their bronze-plated booties whooped.

"There were only ten of them up there?" Jason sounded more concerned than accusatory, but it was still somehow aggravating. "How many live there?"

"Not everyone shows up on the first day of summer," Will answered patiently, "they trickle in over the first week, and there's less than a hundred of us year around, and the numbers kept dwindling." He finished with an uneasy twitch, not at all happy to admit how many deaths had occurred that year during the first few weeks of the borders weakening and the surprise attacks, not to mention how many just flat went missing thanks to Luke's efforts of pulling more to his side. "On top of that, of those, not everyone's a fighter," he finished defensively at last. He'd never been on the front lines of a battle because he knew where he was best needed, and he hadn't been the oldest healer at camp either, yet.

Jason nodded and winced, he hadn't meant to sound like he was attacking their home, but he could no longer shake the impression this place wasn't nearly as formidable as a camp should be.

...around the back side of the pine tree. That shouldn't have been possible. 

The girl wrapped an arm around her middle now, pressing her palm into her stomach and squeezing her eyes tight shut. She knew what was coming, the horrible thing Luke had done in service to Kronos to bring her back. She still felt that poison in her every time she thought of him.

Percy was looking anxiously from the book to her and back and tapping a crazy tempo with his pen on his knee. The bull's, Tyson, Thalia, he was starting to feel like somebody had thrown him into a shredder and tossed the pieces into the wind he felt so scattered trying to keep an eye on everything.

...Border patrol? I thought. The camp didn't have a border patrol.

Jason looked mortally offended at that particular sentence.

... The first time we'd met she tried to introduce my head to a toilet.

"And you didn't even offer to shake the lids hand," Alex helpfully added.