15: NOBODY GETS THE FLEECE

"Like Annabeth-Nobody, or nobody-nobody?" Percy demanded of his friends. Why were these stupid chapter titles here, they were never any help!

"Or is it the original Odysseus Nobody, back as a ghost?" Alex played along.

Nobody answered, in any sense of the word, so Percy grumbled for only a moment and kept reading.

... Annabeth, hanging upside down by her legs.

They all saw the fear and worry radiating off of Percy, Thalia even shivered at the blast of icy ocean water that was trying to engulf him, but it was just that. They were only seeing it, Percy's soul attention was concentrating harder than he had on any book in his life on the words in front of him so much so even his inherited abilities weren't managing to make these dangerous waters.

... Already got feisty one for wife, you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!"

"I'm sure Grover's offended he didn't get that first caught, first wed treatment," Jason frowned.

"This guy is seriously making me crave whatever mango chutney is," Alex shrugged, he sure wouldn't shut up about it.

... she looked dazed, with a  cut on her forehead and glassy eyes.

Percy's grip on the book tightened, though he wasn't sure if he was imagining strangling this cyclops or pulling Annabeth close, both warred like crashing waves in him to be done.

"I'll rush him-" "No way," they said. Clarisse had a rams-horn spear, Grover a sheep bone which he held like a club.

"Both of them deserve revenge," Thalia agreed, resisting the urge to smack Percy again for trying to be the hero they already knew he was.

... he blinked, like he couldn't believe he'd just agreed with Clarisse.

"It's really not so bad as having agreed with Percy about something," Thalia smirked.

"Do you want me to threaten to shove your arms down your throat?" Percy asked. "Because this is how I'll agree with Clarisse."

"All right," I said. "Attack plan Macedonia."

'They're going to do the Macarena?' Hearth blinked in confusion.

"You're going to send him to Europe?" Magnus repeated in confusion even as he corrected the word for his friend.

"How come when we get attacked by you we don't get a vacation out of it?" Alex pouted.

"Sush, listen," Percy ignored all of them.

... attack the Cyclops from the flanks while I held the front.

Jason looked particularly thrilled about getting to hear of one of their battle strategies and muttered something about turtle formation.

...we'd all die instead of just me, but I was grateful for the help.

"Honestly, without you steering that giant ship they probably would have died anyways," Nico reminded.

"This is just faster," Thalia nodded.

"You guys have such faith in us," Percy huffed. The fact that they were joking about it made him at least hope he hadn't gotten anybody killed though.

... quite as good as Annabeth's insults, but it was all I could think of.

"You expect witty retorts from her though, that knowledge has to be good for something," Alex shrugged. "You've perfected the classics with practice Perce."