17: WE GET A SURPRISE ON MIAMI BEACH

"It's not a nudist colony is it?" Magnus asked in concern when Nico read the new title. He'd believe anything at this point

"Do they even have those in Miami?" Alex asked with intrigue.

"Maybe it's a trip to purgatory," Jason still looked troubled what else could go wrong.

"The infinite void or the gay club?" Alex smirked.

"You guys somehow make Florida sound less appealing than a cyclops attack would be." Nico frowned around at them all.

... Annabeth was shaking my shoulder.

"Don't pinch me if that's just a dream," Percy grinned. He couldn't imagine waking up happier. Thalia pinched him anyways just to smirk at him, and make sure he was paying attention and all.

..."Miami, I think," Annabeth said.

"Seriously, what's with this state being the jump-off point this book?" Magnus frowned. "Is the Bermuda Triangle that close to Florida?"

Percy wouldn't consider himself an expert on ocean topography, but he was vaguely confident, "Until you start heading further south, yeah," he shrugged, it was no stranger than anything else.

"But the hippocampi are acting funny."

"Like, trying to tell jokes, or like, trying to drown you?" Alex asked.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me which of those you actually think is funny," Jason frowned at him.

Alex did look directly at him, but Nico was mercifully ignoring their side conversation and so didn't answer lest they miss anything.

...One of them sneezed. I could tell what they were thinking.

"So can I, and I don't need to speak hippocampi," Thalia sniffed defensively. Humans, pollution, these creatures wouldn't tolerate it any closer than that.

...We'll have to swim to shore on our own."

"Are you sure you don't just want to be telling us this story?" Percy rolled his eyes indulgently. "You seem to know everything."

"And miss the glorious details of hanging from sheep and Clarisse's almost vows? As if," she smirked.

... gave him a soggy mango and said good-bye.

"That's it!" Alex waved his hand impatiently at the book. "Tyson and Rainbow officially need to appear in here for our mango chutney grill-a-thon!"

"That was your limit on that?" Will asked, looking on fondly himself, wishing he could share Tyson and Rainbow probably saw each other every day anyways, but he reminded himself Percy couldn't know that yet.

"Why did you have a limit on that?" Jason frowned.

... noticed kids looking like they'd just had a fight with a monster, they didn't let on.

"How would they let on?" Magnus was looking a little salty himself the homeless were ignored across the nation. "Point you to the nearest police station?"

"It's to bad we couldn't have another TV crew there to film the finals this time," Percy agreed somberly.

...a red and-gold high letter jacket with a large glittery Omega on the pocket.

"That would be so cool if it wasn't weirdly terrifying that's a thing," Jason muttered. He had the feeling a lot, he couldn't believe his own eyes reading this thing. Was it possible he'd go right back to the surface and stare someone in the face, possibly the most important person in his life and not even know?