9: I HAVE THE WORST FAMILY REUNION EVER

"Well you've already discovered a missing, illegitimate half-sibling and the black sheep is the one hosting, so how bad can it go?" Even Will's smile looked a bit strained though as he couldn't spin this as a good thing when Thalia read the new chapter title.

"As long as Sally isn't there," Nico muttered quietly enough Percy wouldn't hear and freak out.

...Either we all went together, or nobody went. "Nobody!" Tyson voted. "Please?"

"That's two votes for Annabeth," Will chuckled to himself, before noticing Nico's odd frown and whispering, "part of the original story-" but Thalia was already reading again before he could continue, so he mouthed lunch. Nico nodded and found himself looking forward to it.

... another night on the zombie cruise ship, even if they did have million-dollar bingo.

"Wise choice, bet it was Annabeth's," Thalia grinned.

"Million-dollar bingo sounds like a scam anyways," Percy muttered rather than agreeing.

I made sure Riptide was in my pocket,

"Where else would it be?" Magnus frowned, wasn't it always there?

"I slept with it under my pillow and had to make sure it reappeared," Percy shrugged.

..."You see that Aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said.

"I'm not going to like knowing what that is am I?" Magnus frowned.

"Is a dragon ever good news?" Alex frowned along.

'It fits in the cargo hold, might not be too bad?' Hearth signed without hope.

Thalia was to disheartened by remembering the only time she'd seen the blessing of Ares, the exact details of why to depressing to even laugh at their naivety.

Will halfheartedly explained the difference between drakon's and dragon's while Thalia barely let the news settle before she quickly read on.

... I got a feeling I should know that second guy's voice.

'Huh, wonder what that feels like,' Hearth rolled his eyes.

"A feeling that is never helpful to us," Jason grumbled, positive it wasn't Luke again, but wishing Neptune had given them an audiobook now.

... "They keep arriving at this rate, oh, man, no contest!"

"It's no fun if there's no contest," but there was no heart to Alex's snide little comment, he knew this could not, in any way, be fun.

..."That was Chris Rodriguez!"

"Are we supposed to know that name?" Jason protested.

"No, Percy hadn't mentioned him yet," Will shrugged with a sad smile he'd even known him well enough to recognize his voice, he wasn't so sure Percy would have known his at the time if he even knew he existed.

... got stuck in the Hermes cabin because his Olympian dad or mom never claimed him.

Will's smile vanished entirely, as even he only dimly recalled Chris very well among the various Hermes kids. He'd been one of the many sent to cabin 11 who'd gone around to all the other campers when he first arrived trying to figure out who his godly parent was but never quite figured it out. After the Titan War, Hermes had claimed him as promised, but Chris hadn't exactly yelled and cheered as he sat next to Clarisse at the campfire that night.