6: DEMON PIGEONS ATTACK

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it! Here is a gift for everyone on who wants to read regardless!

Have no fears, another update is tomorrow as planned.

PJOPJOPJOPJO

Annabeth lingered in Percy's mind, he was glad she wasn't in here now to see how uncomfortable this revelation had made him. Was this why she'd been acting so mean to Tyson earlier? She had known all along how Tyson was related to him, was she now disgusted by him too because of his crazy extended family in the flesh?

Thalia snorted in shock beside him when Magnus read the new title, that made the bird attack Annabeth had told her about during this sound a lot funnier than she imagined it had been.

"That is the weirdest thing to think about," Alex leaned over Magnus's shoulder. "Can those things even attack anything other than gutter bagels?"

"I guess Percy's going to find out," Magnus made no move to push him away as he began.

The next few days were torture, just like Tantalus wanted.

"It's good he's meeting his goals so early," Jason sounded so sincerely sarcastic the others couldn't help but laugh.

..."Percy is my brother?" like he'd just won the lottery.

'Aw, that's really kind of sweet,' Hearth looked sort of forlorn as he signed that though, and Magnus had never thought to ask.

'Got any siblings?' Perhaps spending so much time looking after him had separated him from his family.

This was apparently the wrong thing to ask though as his friend winced and quickly waved Magnus on to keep reading.

... Ashamed. There, I said it.

Percy sunk low in his seat, the same feelings coursing over him now...and yet there was just the tiniest kernel of something else he couldn't define. The same emotion he'd been hesitating over this whole time. It couldn't be the shame, he felt that full force now, but he clearly still had some emotion to Tyson he wasn't quite connecting with yet. Gods did he hope it wasn't another bad one, he didn't know how many betrayals he could take. Luke could have easily sent another monster to gain his trust, right?

Thinking about that big brown eye so happy every time Tyson looked at him, Percy already tried to convince himself it couldn't be that, but then why did Annabeth hate him so much?

... I'd never really processed that this made them my, family.

"So are the rest of the Olympians, and we don't hold that against each other," Will cheerfully reminded.

"You got any monster siblings?" Percy asked, more to get attention off him than anything.

Will had to think about it for a moment, which wasn't encouraging before he answered, "um, the korybantes, naked, metal, daimones who dance, but I think Hephaestus made them for him in his honor or something? And, um, some people say scylla is his, but I've never asked personally, and most people say she's the child of Keto and Phorcys, so maybe some kind of custody thing went wrong there because of Hecate."

"You know what, I'm sorry I asked," Percy hadn't followed any of that and decided he didn't want to.

...Now I was Percy Jackson, the poor schmuck with the ugly monster for a brother.

"Oh how the mighty shall fall," Magnus mock agreed. He sort of suspected wherever he wound up after this was all over, he'd always have the homeless stigma following him around.