Bonus (2)

3RD PERSON POV:

An hour later, Ryoma woke up. He sat down and realised someone is there with him. Tezuka was sleeping beside his bed. He chuckled lightly because Tezuka's head is swaying side by side and almost fell from the chair, yet he's still fast asleep.

Tezuka woke up from the creaking sound of the bed. He opened his eyes and saw Ryoma who was fixing his uniform and seems to be getting ready to leave. "Echizen, are you going home? Do you want me to take you home?" Ryoma shook his head and took his bag, "I'm fine now buchou, thank you for your concern". "But-", he didn't get to finish what he was going to say as Ryoma already left the room.

.

.

.

'Buchou is weird.'

Ryoma and their friends are currently walking to eat dinner outside. It's been a long time since everyone hanged out together. They've been busy with their exams and practicing. They realised that they need get some breather before their upcoming competitions. "Buchou, you've been so.....I don't know.....like different lately", Kawamura asked in the midst of laughter while eating. "What do you mean. I'm the same as before", he answered back, "Buchou he's right, you're not the same. You don't really invit- no actually you definitely don't invite us to have dinner outside you know. Usually it's either me, Oishi or Momoshiro who invites everyone. But suddenly you asked everyone just now after practice out of nowhere and that's kinda unusual", Eiji butted in which is true and that's what everyone thinks as well. Tezuka just shrugged his shoulders and continued eating.

They were eating loudly, yes, loudly. Momoshiro and Eiji could be seen fighting over their food and thus making a huge mess. Meanwhile on the other side of the table "Ezhizen you should eat this. It's good for your body", Tezuka scooped a huge portion of vegetables and put it on Ryoma's plate, which is already overflowing from the different dishes that Tezuka had already put in just a few minutes ago. "Buchou what ar-", before Ryoma could even finish what he was going to say, Tezuka placed a tissue beside his mouth and seems to be wiping something. Ryoma was stunned and was frozen from where he was sitting. After wiping the sauce beside his mouth, Tezuka continued eating as if nothing happened and Ryoma was left staring at him.

The clock strikes 8pm and everyone decided to return home. Tezuka reached his house and went straight to his bed. He stared at the ceiling when memories of Ryoma dying flashed in his mind again. This caused him to sit back up with wide eyes and cold sweats. He looked at his calendar 8 July '2 days........2 days before Ryoma died there.......' He touched his chest, it was beating very fast.

.

.

.

-9 July-

The day started with dark clouds and rain pouring down from the sky. Their morning practice was cancelled due to the bad weather. It was a very boring and long day.

Tezuka's class ended early and messaged everyone to gather in the covered court, which he asked permission from the teachers and the basketball captain to use since the basketball team has a competition in another school, so no one is going to use that space. Since it's still raining and they couldn't use the field, they decided to use the basketball court only for that day.

Today only the regulars have to attend the practice and the rest could go straight home, this is due to their upcoming tournament. Everyone is busy but they could see their buchou being attentive towards Ryoma. He's very distracted. He's observing Ryoma's every move. He's trying to prove himself that the one he saw in his head was just all an illusion. But so far he doesn't see anything wrong towards the person he's paying attention to. He seems perfectly fine and healthy.

.

.

.

-10 July-

Today is the day. Tezuka couldn't stay still even just for a second. He stayed by Ryoma's side the whole time they were practicing "Buchou, what are you doing?", he faced Tezuka with serious face, waiting for an answer to his question. "W-what do you mean. I'm not doing anything ha ha ha ha. I'm just.......observing, yeah I'm observing you guys. The way you serve just now isn't right let me show you.....", Tezuka tried to avert the topic and pretended to show them the right way on how to serve.

It's already the end of the day and everyone is preparing to go home. Everyone left one by one. Oishi approved Tezuka "Buchou is there something wrong with you? You've been so out of it lately", "Oishi it's today.......", Tezuka saw Ryoma leaving and followed him from behind, leaving Oishi who's questions were left unanswered.

Ryoma could feel Tezuka following him but he's just trying to ignore him. He reached his house and just went inside without looking back.

When Tezuka saw Ryoma closed the door, he just stayed there. He sat down on a bench near Ryoma's house and waited till midnight. He needs to make sure that nothing will happen that night, only then he could breath and go on peacefully.

.

.

.

-11 July-

Tezuka arrived very early in school. He waited by the gate, looking for a specific person. He's nervous because yesterday was the day. He looked up and took a deep breath. When he looked straight again, that's when he saw him. He saw Ryoma walking together with Momoshiro. 'He's alive', he sighed in relief. 'I knew it. That was just me daydreaming that day. It's not real', he smiled.

During their afternoon practice, Eiji approached Tezuka and nudged his shoulder "buchou, you like Ryoma don't you?", he said smirking at Tezuka and Tezuka with his normal expressionless face looked at Eiji "What nonsense are you spitting again", he sighed. "It's not nonsense buchou. I saw how you looked at Ryoma, don't even try to deny it", Tezuka took a deep deep breath, he loooked at all of his members "EVERYONE 50 LAPS AROUND THE FIELD", everyone groaned and complained about the sudden announcement. "Eiji said everyone needs an extra workout", Eiji's eyes widen and looked at Tezuka "HUUUUUUHH????"

Everyone including Ryoma ran towards Eiji, ready to throw hands at him but the said person already ran away before anyone could reach him. Tezuka silently chuckled seeing the sight. I hope everyday is like this. Fun. With everyone and you. He blinked and when he closed his eyes, everything went black.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

He opened his eyes and he's back. Back to his room. Back to reality. 'It's just a dream' a tear fell from his eyes.

'You're really not coming back'

'I miss you.........'

'We miss you'

-

The end😖