Determination

Having no choice Manik came to college he can't just miss his classes, all his friends were happy to see him back, his eyes are just praying that Nandini don't come in front of him, he can't face her now. He is guilty.

Manik sat down all are around him, but his mind his eyes his heart are searching for Nandini how much he want to avoid. Things are turning scary what will happen why she comes to know about this? Will she forget me easily? Can she move on? She will and she should, waise hee who am I? Nothing except pain I can't give him anything, then why should  she care or feel for me, her smile should never leave her, she should be always happy and cute.

"Penny to thoughts" Nandini said clicking fingers, she smiled broadly.
Manik is shocked, what he now feeling is something which can't be put in words, his eyes filled with tears, he don't know what to do with his own heart and life. It's immense pain that shoot his heart and mind. He wants to roar scream shout a 'no' to everything and hug her till his eyes lost tears. Can she forgive me?
"Sorry" he said with so much pain.
Nandini is numb, his face is shouting somany things which she can't even read, a sadness made aura around him, she is not allowed to, she became gloomy his sudden sorry is something immense and intense her heart raced with fear an unknown fear.
"Manik are you ok?" She asked with fear and care.
"No" he blurred out
"What happened?"All his friends asked in hurry, Manik sniffed smiled "I missed you all"
All slapped him, for making fun, but Nandini didn't take it as fun or joke, his spoke that pain which is so deep. She didn't stress as he don't want to share it

Later Manik extra funny and active but his pain went more deep when ever his eyes met with Nandini suspicious eyes, he tried maximum but nothing worked. Manik couldn't take more he started running away from her questioning eyes, he avoided her, she is now sure he is upto with some things.

Nandini tried whole day but Manik didn't give her any chance, having no chance she came back home with frown.
"What happened my beautiful daughter? Why this frown?"
"That's what I want to know what happened? Why is he so different today? He is talking nonsense, his eyes are always filled with tears, he is so sad deeply, what is the thing that is bothering him so much? And why he is acting like he is happy infront of us, specially why is he running away from me? What would have happened? Anything serious? Anything bad happened? Does his health issue? Is it all because of me?" Nandini is blabbering continuously,
"Is this about Manik?"
"Of course amma"
"May be some personal issue don't worry soon he will be ok"
"No amma this is something really bad No worst thing I feel, let us go to his home amma"
"But what will they think?"
"Amma we will invite them for lunch tomorrow so they won't think anything I need to ask him that's for sure"
"Let your appa come"
"I will call him"
"Nandu he might be on the way go and freshen up I will pack something for them"
"Ok amma"
"I made some snacks eat"
"Laters amma" she ran to get ready.

Manik came home took his guitar and sat down on floor started playing while closing eyes, image of Nandini looks her frown and her disappointment and disbelief in his actions and words made it more hard for Manik, he started playing aggressively. Strings broke, but he didn't stop, suddenly a soft hand held his hand tight to stop him play more
"It's hurting to see you hurt Manik"
Manik eyes opened sharply "Nandini" she said with horror "why? Why you even come in my dreams to haunt me? Why? Why can't you stay away from me? I will hurt you, damage you, make you soulless as I am now, go away from runaway I am dangerous than that botany sir, stay away I may damage you unrepairable and unrecoverable Nandini, I love you so much that it hurts me to even thing and I already did it go away, don't turn to look back, it's best now go away. Why did I come into your life? Why?" He hits the wall so hard that his knuckles started bleeding "I hate myself" he said in very hard and hatred tone
"Shhhhhhhh stop thinking and stop talking you are not in sense just sleep here" Nandini took him to bed and made him sleep, his mind listens to her slept, she cleaned his wound and dressed it properly, he is in deep sleep. She got tears but she sniffed and wiped tears, closed door and came to hall
"He is in deep sleep I couldn't wake him up"
"Let me wake up" Nyeonika stood up
"No aunty he needs rest let him, you inform him about lunch tomorrow" she smiled forcefully
After little chit chat they left.

Nandini couldn't find anyway for his pain, he said he loves me so much that it hurts, what does that even means? There is no sense in his words, why he wants her to stay away from him? What damage he is talking about? She couldn't comprehend she couldn't eat or sleep whole night. She is waiting for morning to come early.

Next morning Nandini came early, she waited for everyone to arrive, as expected Manik came late, he sat besides boys as always, she is watching him, he is same as yesterday trying to cheer up but he couldn't meet it.

It's lunch time, Manik sat besides Cabir, he is playing with food while talking about some football matches, girls are busy talking, Nandini is just staring at Manik, he is uncomfortable, her heart hissed she instantly got tears she looked away. Little while she got up saying I have work, came to her class which is not with them.

Manik noticed that Nandini did eat at all, he felt more frustrated and concern he want her to ignore him and live happy not to be more concerned and worried for him. He bought two chocolates and kept in her desk which she will sit next hour.

Nandini found chocolates, her frown deepened, she kept them back, after class when she is about to leave class Manik blurred out "Nandini your chocolates" Nandini scoffed "when someone don't eat have no right to talk about someone else hunger Mr.Manik Malhotra and they are not mine" she turned and left. Manik jaw clenched "why the hell cent she be simple?" He asked himself. Then a smirk formed "when you are not that simple how can you expect from her bastard" he taunted himself.

Later while going home, Manik stopped her "Nandini you are starving come on have this chocolate atleast."
"No, I am hungry"
"Don't be stupid come on" he opened the cover
"Answer me Manik are you coming for lunch with your parents on Sunday?"
Manik lowered his head "yes"
"Good then let us talk then, tell me what is bothering you so much?"
Manik knows this still he want to play hard "what will or can bother me? Nothing" he shrugged
"Me, I bother you, you want me to stay away from you is it true? Shall I stay away from you? Will that gives you peace?"
Manik whole body wants to roar yes and make her be safe but his tongue couldn't process it out his heart clenched, mind fogged
"I have work" he turned to runaway
"Don't run away Manik..... please" she said with pain
Manik jaw clenched and fist tightened he held her shoulders tight "when you can read me so much don't you know that you should never ask me such questions which will tear me off? Don't you see what I am going through? Why can't you just be simple? Why don't you hate me for godsake already? Why Nandini? Why?"
"I can never"she said with emotions that her words came out husky, shivering.
"What if I tell you that I sold myself to someone without thinking about you? What if I say I took such a decision which gave me different path to walk away from you? What if I say you only hate me then?"
"It's lie and I don't believe such lie. You tongue speaks nonsense and your eyes spoke truthfully, Manik you can share with me your worry"
"So that I can kill you bit by bit like I am dying? Go home Nandini hate me that's all I want" he left her and turned away in anger
"I will wait for eternity to know that"
"You are fool and I don't want you to do that, that is the main problem I don't want you to know" he kicked a stone "go home safely" he ran away not turning back to see her tears.

Nandini stood still, she is now determined to make him loose and know what he is hiding. "You don't how much fool I can be and I want to be Mr.Malhotra wait and watch" she is stubborn one he will know it hard.

Manik is thinking way to make her know that she should stay away from him, so he is now determined make her realise he is not worth for her to care or bother anyways.

Let us what happens now to our own Manik and Nandini