New Narnia

The Pevensies and Trumpkin row down Glasswater.

Lucy looks up at the trees.

"They‟re so still.", She mutters to no one in particular.

"They‟re trees. What do you expect?"

"They used to dance."

"It wasn‟t long after you left that the Telmarines invaded. Those that survived retreated to the woods. And the trees have retreated so deeply inside themselves that no one has heard from them since.", Trumpkin informs them.

"I don‟t understand. How could Aslan have let this happen?"

"Aslan? I thought he abandoned us after you lot did.", Trumpkin laughs bitterly.

"We didn‟t mean to leave, you know.", Peter speaks softly as Emily lightly rubs his arm.

"Doesn‟t make much difference now, does it?"

"Get us to the Narnians and it will.", Peter tells him.

Shortly after, they finally reach the shore and climb out of the boat.

Trumpkin ties the boat down as Lucy wanders off and notices a bear. Emily decides to go with her.

"Hello there! ... It‟s alright, we‟re friends.", Lucy smiles at the animal as Emily reaches her side. They hold hands as they happily walk towards the creature.

The bear stands up and looks at them both.

"Don‟t move, your majesty's!", Trumpkins says accusing both Queens to turn to look at him.

When they turn back around, they've noticed the bear has started charging. Susan puts an arrow to the string.

"Stay away from them!"

"Shoot. Susan, shoot!", Edmund exclaims as the girls fall to the hard gravel ground.

Emily positions herself to protect Lucy.

But the bear continues charging. Lucy screams. But just before it reaches them, an arrow hits the bear and it falls over.

Susan looks over and sees that it was Trumpkin who fired.

"Why wouldn‟t he stop?"

"I expect he was hungry.", Trumpkin snaps.

They all run over to Lucy and Emily. Peter is the first to get there. He rushes to get them both away from the animal. Lucy rushes to Edmund's side as Peter has a firm grip on his wife's waist as he points his sword at the unmoving creature.

"He was wild.", Edmund says.

"I don‟t think he could talk at all.", Peter mutters.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough and that‟s what you become.", Trumpkin says as he draws his knife.

"You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember.", He adds before hitting the animal. Emily buries her head in Peter's neck as he holds her even closer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The five Pevensies and Trumpkin walk through the forest.

"I don‟t remember this way at all.", Susan mumbles but Peter hears her from ahead.

"That‟s the problem with girls. You can‟t carry a map in your heads.", His smirk was short lived when he got smacked upside the head by his wife.

"Ow.", He hisses slightly. 

"That‟s because our heads have something in them.", Lucy quipped.

"I wish he‟d just listen to the DLF.", Susan sighs.